Saturday, August 24, 2019

Pinned It? Try It! Week 2: Perfect Pearl Galaxy Background

Hello everyone! Hope you are enjoying your weekend.  We are enjoying lovely weather today after a hot and humid week, then rain.  But today, I need to get outside soon!  I probably should weed my flower garden, but we shall see...

Here is the 2nd edition of Pinned It? Try It!  Here is a link to the Pin I am trying.  This pin is one of those frustrating ones that does not link back to someone’s blog, so if you happen to know the source of this technique, I would love to give them direct credit for it.  

The process is to use Perfect Pearls with a touch of water, using a stipple brush to apply it to your black cardstock.  


I made two.  I did not get the exact results as in the photo.  I probably could have lifted my brush more exactly straight up.  It also may be that my brush is just a little different.  I may have also used a touch too much water and should have first done my first brushing on scrap paper to dry the brush a bit.  All that being said, I think they turned out great!

The first background I made into this fun Halloween card!  I was inspired by my kittens who seem to stalk the funniest things.  



The second card I made into a Back To School encouragement card.  I used this layout to cover up a part of the background I didn’t like as well.  For this background, I did splatter on some white ink, and then added white gel pen, as well.  


Supplies:  Stampers Anonymous Crazy Cat stamps, Inkadinkado Creepy Lane stamp set, Our Daily Bread Designs (now Divinity Designs Shine On stamp set, Gina K Designs Inspiration Mosaic Stamp set, Versafine Onyx Black ink, Hero Arts Pool ink, Memento Black ink, Frantic Stamper Stitched Scene Builder Edgers dies, Gina Marie Designs X Stitched Circles dies, Perfect Pearls various colors, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Tombow Water Based markers, other items from my stash.

Thanks for visiting again today!  If you are new here, I hope you will consider subscribing.  For all my Pinned It? Try It posts, click here.


16 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

What a brilliant technique! Thank you for sharing!

Cat Craig said...

Awesome technique Heidi, Love both cards. Sounds like you are enjoying the new kittens.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Perfect galaxy and thanks for sharing how you made it. I think it is wonderful on your awesome cards.

Conniecrafter said...

Both cards are fabulous, I had to laugh about the cats stalking the funnies things, I agree with that :)
I will have to say I really love the second card, terrific sentiment and your background is just perfect with it!

aussie aNNie said...

awesome backgrounds, thanks for the link

Marina said...

Fabulous! They look great and I love that one's a fun card and one's inspirational.

lostinpaper said...

Fabulous backgrounds and such wonderful cards Heidi!

Carol L said...

That background looks like it was fun to create and it works perfectly for both cards! I especially like that sentiment on the 2nd card with the soft stamping behind it! Well done!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Ok, I'm going to have to try this one, as I think I have enough Perfect Pearls and Pearl X to stock a store section. I always shy away from using it in these techniques because I forget I can set it with hair spray or sealer...DUH ME! I'm always afraid it will rub off, lol. This looks like an easier way to get a galaxy background than using inks, xoxo

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh goodness, your backgrounds turned out beautifully. I love how you cut a circle for your background. The cat works perfectly. And I really like that you coloured the cat purple.

Shelly Schmidt said...

Wow- these are amazing!!! I just love the backgrounds- and yep- have some of that in my stash as well.
The pin states the tutorial is by Roni- she is at Ink Stains. Here is the link to her blog and I searched for Perfect Pearls- more than one technique post here: http://inkstainswithroni.blogspot.com/search?q=Perfect+Pearls

Oh- I tried to pin your cards, and I am not getting a Pinterest icon...….

Ink Stained Roni said...

YES! That is me Heidi...here is the link to the blog posting - http://inkstainswithroni.blogspot.com/2009/08/perfect-pearls-northern-lights.html

Looks like someone just posted the pics on Pinterest instead of the finished look.

So glad you had fun with it :)

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Thanks Roni! That is not the exact tutorial I tried, but it is really a great one and I want to try it, too! I am wondering if someone posted a variation of your technique.

Mac Mable said...

What a fabulous result and love the technique. I will be giving this one a go. Great cards both of them and so unique and striking x.

Chark said...

love what you did with your papers!

Daria said...

These are terrific cards. My favorite is that cat! As you know, I have cats too so I know exactly what you mean.