Thursday, January 28, 2021

After a Long Winters Nap....

 Hello everyone.  I took a longer break than expected.  I originally was just going to take time off blogging for the holidays, but my father died just before Christmas.  We did travel to attend the burial, which was very small and not a normal funeral at all, due to covid restrictions.  We, of course, also quarantined after travel.

Between the work for those arrangements, and then virtual school mandates after the holidays, troubles with house repairs, it was just too much to also do blogging. I was able to do some scrapbooking, but I have much more to do.

My online cardmaking group does monthly zoom meetings, and this card is one that we did together.  


The card panel was alcohol inks, using some hand sanitizer to blend, then after it dries, I embossed it.  I do not know the name of the card fold, but it was pretty easy and I really enjoyed making this card and the result.  The fern stamp is one of my oldest wood block stamps.  

I do look forward to checking everyone’s blogs.  I hope everyone didn’t forget about me.  I hope to have a better crafting routing going forward.  

Hope you are very well.


14 comments:

April said...

Heidi, I love your card. I can see it much better here than in the zoom meeting! I love the colors and the embossing folder you used.

cuilliesocks said...

I'm so sorry to hear of your loss Heidi, how very sad for you and your family. I hope your memories sustain you through this difficult time.
Your card is so pretty, lovely colours and the embossed panel is fabulous, super design too, take care of yourself Kate x x

Bunny said...

Sorry to hear about your daddy and all the traveling, quarantining and so many other things you had going on. You needed a little break.

Your card is beautiful. The colors are lovely. [Bunny]

Carol L said...

Oddly enough, you've been on my mind lately wondering what happened to you! It's good to see you back making beautiful cards, but I'm so sorry for the loss of your father and all the other things life threw at you lately! I'm glad you're OK and strong enough to carry on after such sadness. Sending hugs! I love the colors and design of this pretty card too! NJ!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card design and colors. And you have my sympathy. It is nice to have you back though.

aussie aNNie said...

So sorry for your loss Heidi, loving and losing a loved one, especially a parent is hard..sending hugs.
Super card, awesome colours and image..x

Lisa Babitz said...

Your card is beautiful. Love the texture and the colors you chose. I am so sorry to hear of the loss of your father. You and your family are in my prayers.

Cat Craig said...

Heidi, I am so sorry to hear of your father's passing. Sending lots of hugs and prayers for comfort.

Your card is a gorgeous combination of colors and textures.

Conniecrafter said...

so good to see a good close up of your card, you got some great detail with the embossing and I love the colors!

Mac Mable said...

I am so sorry for your loss and I am sending heartfelt hugs x.
Your card is wonderful and what a striking design. I love the technique and the fabulous colours too Heidi x.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Glad you are back, your cards are lovely. I like the creativity of the opening of this one.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, I'm sorry to hear of your loss, a wise choice to spend more time with those you love. I love the fancy fold and the colours on your card.. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Shelly Schmidt said...

So very sorry for your loss- I lost my Mother right before Christmas 2 years ago... glad you are getting back into routine, and love your beautiful card- love the gorgeous front panel so much!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I am so sorry for your loss, Heidi. Hugs.

This is a darling card. Wish I could have been there.

Your colours are so striking. Love the stamps you chose and how gorgeous your background is.