Friday, February 18, 2022

Alcohol Ink Background and Using Up scrap backgrounds

 Hello everyone!  I am feeling like I am really getting back into the groove of regular crafting.  The pandemic really changed my routines and it is taking some real intention to get back into a better routine!

I had a few scraps left from some backgrounds I made previously, and I don’t like to waste these.  I found some small fish stamps in my I Brake for Stamps collection to use up every bit of background.  Then I just fussy cut them out.  I loved the way the fish turned out with some interesting texture and markings.



The other background was made a while back with alcohol inks.  This is one that I just loved too much to use, which is also a terrible habit!  You can see that I am really working on reforming my bad habits!

Here are the stamps I used for this project.  Don’t forget to use my affiliate code BPMHeidi to save 15%

By the Sea Rubber Sheet

Sentiment from Turtle Set

THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR VISITING!!!!


You can also find more inspiration at the links below:

The Blank Page Muse- https://blankpagemuse.com/

FB Fan Page- https://www.facebook.com/groups/blankpagemuse/

Instagram Shop- https://www.instagram.com/blankpagemuse/

Instagram Blog- https://www.instagram.com/blankpagemuseblog/

Twitter- https://twitter.com/BlankPageMuse

Pintrest- https://www.pinterest.com/blankpagemuse/boards/


11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

So glad you used that amazing alcohol ink background as the wonderful fish look so happy swimming in it x. Yes the pandemic sure did mess with routine Heidi x.

April said...

What a cool looking card! I love it. The saying is cute with it.

Conniecrafter said...

That alcohol ink background was just perfect for your fish and that background made for great markings on them, great job using your scraps!

cuilliesocks said...

What a wonderful background Heidi, love the colours and the fish images are fabulous, a wonderfully designed card, Kate x

Lisa said...

Wow great BG! I love the addition of those fish. I am with you when I create a BG that I love I hate to waste it. This is perfect!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Glad you're finding your groove again. I've been missing you. Your AI background is stunning and I'm glad you are sharing it today. I've got lots of backgrounds and cards I hate to part with so I get your hoarding of backgrounds.

Carol L said...

Your backgrounds are fabulous on both cards and I love the fun sentiment! It's a good feeling to finally USE all those beloved hoarded items isn't it? Almost like coming out of a shell or something! LOL

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a fabulous background and the perfect stamp set to use it, you were saving it for something very special! Love the dark background with the fish and the sentiment is fantastic! Have a wonderful week... Megan

Darnell said...

You karacked me up, Heidi ... I think we need to start a support group for peeps who got their routines really whacked out by the pandemic! It's amazing how hard it is to get it back, too, but you sure haven't lost any of your talent. This card is terrific! I love how perfect your cool AI background is for these little fishies! Great punny sediment, too! Hugs, Darnell

aussie aNNie said...

Looking good, great card and beautiful design.
Keep Safe ♥

Connie Mercer said...

Love this!!