Saturday, November 26, 2016

Flowers stamped with paint

Hello!  Just poppin in to share a clean and simple card.  


These flowers are stamped with paint.  I just took my Koi pan watercolors and used a damp brush to pick up a lot of color. I painted it on the rubber stamp and blended between colors.  The trick is not to use too much water.  I even stamped directly on regular cardstock and I was surprised how well that worked!  (I have another card where I used the same technique here, just stamping on watercolor paper instead of regular.)

Supplies: Stamp is unknown, Koi Pan watercolors, Gina K Happy Birthday Circles sentiment, Gina K Wild Wisteria Ink, Darice basketweave embossing folder, Spellbinders circle die.

Thank you for being here!  Have a great day!

10 comments:

Viv said...

Great card here Heidi,clever technique too ;) Viv xx

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Gorgeous work, Heidi, well done indeed!!! Love the idea one I must try, have done it with watercolour pens but not paint!!
Thanks for sharing,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Princess Judy Palmer said...


Great look with the paint! This is quite wonderful.

Conniecrafter said...

pretty blending of the colors, so pretty!

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a fantastically clever technique Heidi! I would never have thought of trying to stamp with paint! I must have a go, when I have a bit more time! Thank you for popping by my blog and leaving a sweet comment, it is much appreciated! Have a very wonderful week my friend! Hazel xx

Mac Mable said...

Loving this technique and wow it produces such a beautiful look to the card. Will be giving this one a go. Thank you for the inspiration x

Carol L said...

Your technique produced one beautiful and special card! NJ!

wannabcre8tive said...

This card is beautiful. A great technique and wonderful colors.

Beth Norman said...

Very pretty indeed.

Anonymous said...

This has turned out so beautiful with your watercolor flowers!! The colors have blended together on your image so beautifully!! I just love the results from this!! Really must remember to try this out!! Thanks for sharing! HUGS