Wednesday, August 22, 2018

Warhol Inspired Halloween Card - Halloween Sneak Peek

Hi!  Hope you are doing well!  I have just been trying to catch up with all the blog posts that I missed when I was on vacation last week.  And you all have been busy!  I hope to get to more of them in the coming days.

I recently got some stamps from the upcoming release at Just for Fun and this great Jack-o-Lantern jumped out at me.  I knew right away I wanted to make an Andy Warhol style card.


I colored the four stamped images in bright colors and added Sakura Stardust glitter gel pen to make it look like it was glowing from the inside.  This was a really fun card to make!  I made a Warhol Style card in Christmas for a couple years ago - here is a link if you are interested.


Supplies:  Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Jack O Lantern stamp (to be released soon!), Memento Black ink, American Crafts Pumpkin Patch 6x6 paper pad, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers

I truly appreciate your visits and enjoy reading your comments! Please consider following my blog using the Blogger tool on the side bar, or on facebook or pinterest, too.

10 comments:

Carol L said...

Ohhhhh, this is FUN! Love all those brightly colored jack-o-lanterns! Hope you had a great vacation too!

April said...

I love how you used the pumpkin stamp! Your card is so bright and cheery!

Lisa D said...

Love the coloring! The glitter gel pen is a fabulous glowing idea.

Cat Craig said...

What a cool design Heidi. Love the colors you chose and the glow.

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is such a fun card with all those Jack O' Lanterns in varied colors. Sure makes for a cheery design. I like how you made them glow from the inside too with that glitter pen. I have to think of my Halloween cards for our shut ins from the church. Our pastor said he did not want any ghosts or witches on them but pumpkins and Jack o' Lanterns and a black cat and a big moon would be okay. So every year I try to find a new way of using those elements. I might have to make a few pumpkins in different colors too so that I have a new look. You are inspiring me!

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a fun and bright card for Halloween, have a wonderful week... Megan

Conniecrafter said...

Fantastic idea and your coloring is just terrific, so love it!

*Vicki* said...

EEEK!! WOW, I just LOVE the colors on this and such a fun concept with the Warhol style!! What a fabulous layout too!! HUGS

Marina said...

This is fun! i love it!

Beth Norman said...

Big punch of wharhol colour. Love it!!