Monday, August 27, 2018

Summer Florals

I’m not ready for summer to be over yet, are you?  I really look forward to fall, but want more flowers in my life so I am crafting with these really pretty flowers today.  I heat embossed them on watercolor paper, and then used pan watercolors to loosely color them.  I trimmed the flowers out and placed it over patterned paper.


I thought that I would leave a sentiment off since the patterned paper had so many sayings on it.  A pretty scalloped die was used to cut a scrap of vellum. I think it is actually ecru vellum, but it is hard to note a difference in the completed card.


I added score lines to some linen look patterned paper and some enamel dots to finish off the card.  

I would love to enter this in Pixie’s Crafty Workshop’s Challenge #333 and Crafty Hazelnut’s Patterned Paper August 2018 Challenge.


Supplies: Heartfelt Creations Flirty Fleurs stamp set, Versafine Black ink embossed with clear embossing powder, watercolor paper, Koi pan watercolors, Spellbinders Fancy Edge Rectangle dies, Recollections Backyard Table 6x6 paper pad, My Mind’s Eye enamel dots

I truly appreciate your visits and enjoy reading your comments! Please consider following my blog using the Blogger tool on the side bar, or on facebook or pinterest, too.

Have a great day!!

~~Heidi

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

What a pretty card with a lovely flower image. Love the layers of the paper and the vellum and the coloured card stock looks great too X hope summer lasts a little longer too X

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card Heidi. THe vellum layer adds a lovely softness to your layers.You are a master at using patterned papers.

Carol L said...

elegant, simply stated and just plain beautiful! Love those colored flowers!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Absolutely gorgeous and I love how you draped part of the flower blossom over the edge of the frame. That is so beautiful!

Margaret said...

What an adorable floral stamp you colouring does it justice. The scored lines are perfect for the design. Thanks for sharing with CHN patterned paper challenge.
Margaret

Bev Polen said...

Heidi, the watercolored flowers on your card are so beautiful! I love the card design with the vellum behind the lovely patterned paper. I agree with you about not being ready for summer to be over! Hugs!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my it is gorgeous Heidi, I love your pretty soft watercoloring and the scored lines really add a nice touch as does the vellum, love it all!

Diane said...

Really pretty colored flowers Heidi, great job on using vellum. Yeah our weather has already changed it already seems like Fall.

Hugs Diane

Beth Norman said...

Very elegant feel to your card. I love the background colour and how well you coloured your flowers. I see your point about leaving off a sentiment. We all seem to have the need to place one on the front, but isn't always needed.

Di said...

Oh Heidi - this is just stunning! Adore the flowers and the lovely colours you used - the added enamel dots are the icing on the cake! Love it!

Hugs

Di xx

scrappymo! said...

This is so pretty, Heidi. I like the flowers and they look so good with the vellum mat. IT is a lovely touch.