Friday, August 31, 2018

August Flower of the Month - Poppy

A quick post for August’s Flower of the Month!  This is where I have challenged myself to use more of the stamps I already having by creating at least one card a month with the birth flower for that month.  This month it is Poppy!  (Gladiolus is also another option for August, but I didn’t own any for this one.)


I heat embossed this image from Our Daily Bread Designs on watercolor paper and then used pan watercolors to color it.  I used a lot of pretty patterned papers for the background.  I needed a card for someone who just moved into their own home, so I added that tiny sentiment.

Thanks for stopping by!

4 comments:

Carol L said...

This is not the typical new home card, as there's no image of a house, but I love the whole idea! The coloring is wonderful, and so are those pretty papers!

Cat Craig said...

I always look forward to your flower of the month cards Heidi. This one is lovely with the two poppies. What a welcoming card for a new home greeting.

Bonnie said...

I love your poppy, Heidi! Wish my Flower of the Month set had a poppy! Great use of patterned papers! That's always such a challenge for me.

Beth Norman said...

This card had my jaw dropping when I saw it. It is so, so beautiful. The DP is fantastic as is the colouring.