Monday, August 13, 2018

Watercolored Cosmos

I recently joined a local papercraft group.  I had never really traveled with my stamping supplies before, so I had some trouble figuring out what to bring without bringing too much.  The last meeting, I decided to bring watercolor paper, a few water-based markers and my stamping platform.


I then was able to try the stamping technique that Tim Holtz showed when he released his stamping platform.  Basically, it allows you to color your stamp in just one area with a marker -  stamp - then color another area, etc.  I spritzed with water in between and slowly built up color till I got the depth I wanted.  I originally thought that this stamp was poppies, so that is why I chose these colors, however, I looked it up and it is supposed to be cosmos.  Oh well, still turned out pretty!


When I was satisfied, I let it dry and then stamped a sentiment over top. This is where I really like having a stamping platform, because when stamping on watercolor paper, it took three times to get good coverage with the sentiment.  

Supplies:  Impression Obsession Cosmos, Hero Arts CL325 Paris stamp set, Versafine Black ink, Tombow water-based markers, Crate Paper DIY shop 6x6 paper pad, Elizabeth Crafts embossing folder, Nuvo glitter drops, other items from my stash.


I truly appreciate your visits and enjoy reading your comments! Please consider following my blog using the Blogger tool on the side bar, or on facebook or pinterest, too.

9 comments:

Cat Craig said...

The cosmos look good in red. You did a great job stamping and getting depth of color. Thank goodness for those platforms.

*Vicki* said...

The resluts of the markers and water look quite amazing on your flowers here!! Such a gorgeous design and the papers look gorgeous with this and really bring it out! HUGS

Mac Mable said...

Absolutely beautiful card and such a unique and stunning technique. The cosmos are really pretty x.....And what did we do before we had a stamping platform?

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous Heidi.

Carol L said...

This looks like a professional painting! The flowers turned out gorgeous and I really like this card! Well done!

aussie aNNie said...

Oh I just love this outcome,, have used this technique myself and do love the results.x

Beth Norman said...

Wowza, your technique turned out very well. The red pops and using the watercolour look is stunning. Super work Heidi!!

Bev Polen said...

Wow, Heidi! What an awesome card you created. I love the flowers and the method you used to color them. I need to try that technique. Great artwork, Heidi!

Conniecrafter said...

Wow you did a Gorgeous job coloring these, I so love the stamping tools for just this purpose, you know it will be lined up to re-stamp. Your papers compliment it perfectly too!
I hope all is well and you aren't having problems with the flooding.