Wednesday, March 6, 2019

Hand Stamped Bird card with the Drapery Fold

Hello everyone!  It is very cold this morning, but I want you to know that as I was walking in from taking my child to carpool, I heard the birds singing their SPRING songs.  Not just chirping like they do all winter, this was the actual defending their territory song. YAY!  Spring is coming!

Bird stamps are some of my favorite stamps, as I might be a bird nerd, and this stamp is no exception!

I stamped the bird with brown ink and colored it lightly with chalk pastels.  This may be an “old” way of coloring, but it is still really effective, not to mention, fast and easy!  I then fussy cut out the bird.  


I used the drapery fold again for this card.  You may remember the Valentines I made earlier. You can find instructions on how to do this here, although there are a lot of different ways to do this.  I love the elegant look.  

I then used some scraps of the same pattered paper, and a couple small stamps from the same set, and decorated the inside of my card.  I don’t have a formal blog challenge for myself this year, but I have been trying to decorate the insides of cards!  I am not doing every card, but I have been able to do quite a few!


Supplies: I Brake for Stamps Bird Sheet 141A, Gina K Designs Dark Chocolate ink, Hero Arts Soft Sand Shadow Ink, Close to My Heart paper, other items from my stash.
Use my code SAVE10HEIDI to save 10% off your order at the I Brake for Stamps store.

Thank you for your kind visit and all your encouraging comments!


11 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

That drapery fold is so clever!! What a fun and easy way to add dimension and pattern to a card.

Cat Craig said...

lovely card Heidi, I love that you show us the interiors too.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Heidi, your bird is so lovely, beautifully coloured too, I love the muted shades and of course the pastels have such a soft look, super design too, Kate x

*Vicki* said...

I'm with you on hearing the birds Heidi! I am so ready for Spring and wish it would just warm up a bit!! You have some amazing bird creations too!! I just love with this one with your pretty papers and design!! HUGS

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your card is so lovely. I like the bird image.

Conniecrafter said...

Oh so pretty, great job with the chalks and I am loving your pretty insides too! Pretty papers for the drape fold!

Greta said...

What a neat fold & beautiful coloring!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Beautiful card. The drape fold is so pretty. You used your chalk pastels very well. The colour on the bird is flawless.

I, too, love hearing the birds in the morning. There is something comforting in that. We are still close to breaking record lows these past few days so it will be a while before I heard birds.

Carol L said...

Loving both the inside and outside, and the drapery fold looks fantastic!

April said...

You know I love birds too! Your card is lovely!

Mac Mable said...

Wow ...what a creative and striking card. The drapery folding looks unique and glorious and your colouring is wonderful x Yay to Spring arriving soon x