Monday, March 18, 2019

You Brighten My Day - Handmade card

Hello! Happy Monday! I hope you had a good weekend. Our weekend was very busy.  We visited a garden estate to walk around the grounds and see what they were displaying in the greenhouse. It was very lovely! Did you do anything special?



My card today is a technique I tried that I saw at SplitCoastStampers called Blender Pen Bleed. Basically, you use your layering stamp sets, then color from behind using an clear alcohol blending pen.  I’m not sure I got the whole effect, but it does soften the lines.  

I like the idea of this technique, as sometimes I feel I don’t line my stamps up well enough, and this can cover some mistakes, I think!

I did use a pink marker to accent the sentiment.

Supplies:  Kitchen Sink Stamps Zinnia, Close To My Heart Wordfetti sentiment stamp set, Mix of dye inks for flower (sorry didn’t write them down!) and Versafine Black ink, Spellbinders Fancy Edge Rectangle dies, Gina K Designs Passionate Pink cardstock, sequins from my stash.

I would love to play in the ModSquad Challenge Blog’s Layered Looks, and Word Art Wednesday’s Anything Goes challenge.

11 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Love those zinnias, and they do look good blurred a bit.

Viv said...

Such a pretty card 😊 Viv xx

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous Heidi, I love the colours and design, Kate x x

Carol L said...

That's a great technique to use on these pretty flowers! Love it!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is gorgeous!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous love this and the vibrancy of the design..

Lisa Babitz said...

This is a cool technique. I'll have to give it a try!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Gosh, your technique turned out so nice, Heidi. The flowers look so real. Very nice work.

Mac Mable said...

That looks like a fun technique. You certainly brightened my day x Watched the rugby over the weekend and enjoyed it x

Conniecrafter said...

I will have to check that out, I love how you blended these, so pretty, and love how you highlighted the sentiment too!

Maria said...

Beautiful card! Must check out the blender pen technique!💖