Monday, March 25, 2019

Blue Poppy Card with Hand-stamped acetate embellishments

Hello!  This is a card that was inspired by two different things.  First, I signed up for a swap where one needed to make stamped embellishments with acetate.  The second was a gorgeous blue poppy flower that I saw at the greenhouse portion of a garden estate.  It was a showstopper plant and my absolute favorite flower I saw that day.   I snapped this picture with my phone.



I decided to use this poppy stamp by Our Daily Bread Designs (they just recently rebranded themselves as Divinity Designs), so I decided to limit myself to using only stamps from this brand, just to narrow my choices.  I find that makes creating easier, sometimes.  I stamped on watercolor paper and used watercolor markers to color.  


For the acetate embellishment, I stamped the bees, cut them out and colored with both some alcohol markers and then stickles glitter glue.  After stamping the honeycomb twice on the card front, I arranged my flower, bees and a banner die cut.  I was pretty pleased with how it turned out!




Supplies: Our Daily Bread Designs Crocheted Poppy and die, Pennant Banner set, Butterfly and bugs stamp set, watercolor paper, Tombow Water Based markers, stickles glitter glue, other items from my stash.  

I would love to enter ModSquad Blog’s Use a Metal Die challenge, Lost Coast Portal to Creativity’s, Round & Round challenge, and Cute Card Thursday’s Spring Fever Challenge.

Thank you for your visit today!  Please consider subscribing to my blog or leaving a comment to let me know you were here!  Have a great day!

16 comments:

Gail said...

Thank you for linking up to Mod Squad - a beautiful creation - have a lovely day!

lostinpaper said...

So gorgeous Heidi!

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Heidi, that purple poppy is a show-stopper for sure! I love your card and love how you've colored it so that it looks like the tissue-thin petals in the photo you took. So beautiful and a wonderful layout! Just love those sweet little bees that are perfect with the acetate so their wings are clear and sparkly! Beautifully done!! Hugs and love! xoxo

Laurie said...

This is a really lovely card. Your color pallet is so pretty and I love the bee and honeycomb stamps you used. Thank you for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so very gorgeous! I love the way you colored it and it looks so very much like the photo you took.

Conniecrafter said...

You did an amazing job coloring your flower to match the one in your photo, your bee is so sweet with it, love the lace border too!

Theresa's Studio said...

Beautiful card! Love the bees. I don't think that I've ever seen a blue poppy.

cuilliesocks said...

Your card is gorgeous Heidi, I love the floral design and your fabulous colouring. The little bee embellishments are so sweet.
What a marvellous flower, super photo, Kate x

Cat Craig said...

Pretty card Heidi. Love the layers. Your bees are amazing. They even look like fluffy bumble bees. Awesome.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh my gosh! Heidi, you've truly outdone yourself. This card is so very, very beautiful! Your watercolouring is lovely, and so is your layout. Bravo!

When I was an avid gardener, before I moved into an apartment, I was on the hunt for blue poppies and never did find one. Thanks for bringing this one into my life. It's gorgeous.

Have a great rest of your week. Hugs.

*Vicki* said...

Wow!! That floral image just POPS!! Love the whole design and that sparkly bee is the icing on this Heidi!! So beautifully done and it certainly has the best feel of Spring!! (I am so far behind and trying to catch up with you guys! LOL!) Thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Carol L said...

You've outdone yourself with this one Heidi! It's BEE-utiful with all the sparkle and great coloring!

ionabunny said...

Wow, those little acetate bees are so cute. Beautiful colours and design. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

Mac Mable said...

Such a striking card with a wonderful design. The colours are fabulous, the bees cute and the vibrancy from the flowers look stunning x.

Lori said...

Beautiful, this poppy inspired card is really stunning! Thank you for joining the Lost Coast Design's Portal to Creativity Challenge!

April said...

Thank you for this beautiful card, Heidi! I love it! Thanks for showing the picture of this blue poppy too. I have never seen one!