Hello everyone! I have a card to share with a fancy fold called the W-Fold. I saw this card fold, in landscape format, here. I preferred to make it as a standard upright card, so I will share those measurements below. The card front is kept super simple, as the fun is all in the fold.
I used some cute Scandanavian stamps and simple stamping, but in a favorite color combo! I feel this is bright and cheery, and good for a Get Well card.
1) Decorate the card front of a standard A2 card, cut from colored cardstock (4.25 inches by 5.5 inches)
2) Line the inside of your card with white cardstock (4 inches by 5.25 inches)
3) Cut a strip of coordinating colored cardstock. (8.5 inches by 1.5 inches) This can be a little thinner if you prefer, and are using a good, sturdy cardstock.
4) Score the strip at 2 1/8, 4 1/4, 6 3/8 inches. Fold into a W shape.
5) Cut 4 squares of white cardstock with either a die or paper cutter. My squares are 1 7/8 inches.
(The absolute maximum would be 2 inches square, but you could go smaller).
6) Apply your strip to the inside of card as pictured. Apply glue, or heavy duty double-sided adhesive, only to the outer part of the fold.
You may notice that I prefer not to place the strip all the edge of the card base, instead leaving a little gap. I find this allows the card to stay folded more neatly.
7) Add your decorated squares to the strip.
Supplies: Club Scrap Scandinavia Jumbo Unmounted Stamp set, Scandinavia Greetings stamp set, Gina K Assorted Greetings Stamp set, Versafine Satin Red and Onyx Black inks, MFT Die Namics Pierced Squares dies.
I’d like to enter this card in SimonSaysStamp’s Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes, and Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes!
Thanks for stopping by! I hope you might try this card fold sometime! Let me know if you have any questions!