Sunday, June 2, 2019

A Cool Drink - Stamping on the Gelli Plate

I have a couple cards made with Just for Fun’s Cool Drink stamp and with a background made with a gel press and stamps. 

I am pretty new to the gel press (or gelli plate) but I found this stamping technique easy.  The backgrounds not only work for patterned paper, but since you are printing them with paint, they also have a nice texture.  


First the background.  I brayered craft paint onto my gelli plate, and then I used the citrus slice stamp to pick up the paint.  I stamped the paint off onto another piece of paper, and then repeated until I had filled the gel press with this negative image.  Then I placed a piece of cardstock over the gelli plate and rubbed all over to transfer the paint.  

Then I stamped and colored the Cool Drink stamp. I used Wink of Stella to add glitter over the glass. The two sentiments I used are A Vacation Is... and Happy Birthday from Sentiments 1 Unmounted Sheet.



Now I am in the mood for some lemonade, how about you?

I would love to enter SimonSaysStamp’s Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes!


14 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Lemonade it is....x I have still to try the Gelli plate but it's on my list x. Loving the colours on both of your cards and the designs are fabulous. Particularly like the sentiment on the vacation card x.

April said...

I just love these cards! great backgrounds too.

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous colours and design. Love the geli press background.

Esther Asbury said...

Oh this is such a cool technique.....I've thought of trying it before, but never have. Your refreshingly beautiful cards have inspired me to put it close to the top of my "to-try" list.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a fabulous pair of cards, love the colours and the gelli prints, have a wonderful week... Megan

Carol L said...

I have yet to stick my toes into the gelli plate waters, but oh my gosh, what a pair of gorgeous, summery cards you've made! Love the lemon themes, colors, and images - such a fun project!

*Vicki* said...

Such a cool technique! I love using the gel plate and have way too much fun with it!! LOL!! Such fun cards!!

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous summery cards.

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card. Love the colors. You did a great job using the gelli plate. I need to take time to use mine more.

Viv said...

Great cards here Heidi,love your colour combinations too. Not tried any hello plate stuff but I am te!ped seeing what you made 😀 Viv xx

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous cards and backgrounds love the stamps and agreat sentiment too
Carol x

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Too cold for lemonade here, Heidi... freezing for us. Winter has hit. Love these cards though and haven’t seen this technique on gelli plate either well done, too many things to try an dno enough time.
Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Truly stunning cards!! I played with my Gelli plate a couple of times and never thought to use the stamp to pick up ink. Brilliant idea. Terrific colour scheme.

Lisa Babitz said...

This is a cool background technique. Love that sentiment!