Sunday, June 16, 2019

Eagle Scout Congratulations Card

Hello everyone!  I’m thinking that it is full-on summer for most of us!  I have seen far less people blogging and commenting.  I think you are having fun in the sun, but I hope you also have some time for fun in the craft room.

Today I would like to share I card I made to congratulate a new Eagle Scout.  There is a lot of time and effort put into this, and I wanted our family to give an appropriate card.

 I remembered a card that JFF DT Member, Roni, made last year for our Red, White and Blue challenge.  You can see her card in this post.  


I changed up the design to make it my own.  I stamped one of the Patriotic Block stamps 3 times, using a stamp positioner, to make the flag banner.  

Then, I stamped and colored my Bald Eagle stamp, and carefully fussy cut out the image.  I stamped and heat embossed the sentiment on navy cardstock.  I then arranged all my elements over an embossed piece of kraft cardstock.  I was very pleased how this turned out!

Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Eagle After PreyPatriotic Block Stamp set, Congratulations  in Sentiments 1 Unmounted Sheet, Memento Black ink, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Versamark ink and White Detail embossing powder, Darice Embossing Folder.

Thanks for visiting my blog today!  I will be around visiting you soon!



13 comments:

Carol L said...

This turned out fabulous!! You are an expert at stamp positioning because I thought the entire flag banner was one stamp! Having been a flag maker for 23 years, this card really dazzled me! Great coloring and fussy cutting too, WOW!

Aimeslee Winans said...

That card is fantastic and the recipient will love it! Happy Dad Day to the dads in your life! xox

crafty-stamper said...

Brilliant card and more so because the image is not just one stamp-very clever love the embossed background too
Carol x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Perfect card design for such a wonderful occasion.

MiamiKel said...

Oh this turned out perfect! Love the patriotic look! My son is almost here - so excited and proud of him!

April said...

You did a wonderful job on this card! I love the coloring and design.

Connie Mercer said...

Looks perfect!!!

Lisa Babitz said...

This is fantastic - a great card for a great occasion.

aussie aNNie said...

wow this is one eagle and a half, love it.

wannabcre8tive said...

A fabulous card. I love all cards with a patriotic look.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wowza!! This card rocks in my books. Good job.

Esther Asbury said...

Wow! What an amazing card! I love the flag with the eagle in front -- you did an excellent job with your fussy cutting and layering!

Mac Mable said...

Wow what a striking card. Stunning image and great fussy cutting...Love it x