Friday, June 7, 2019

Cardmaking with beginners

Hello everyone!  Last weekend, I had planned a cardmaking session with a few of my close friends.  None of them do papercraft, so I had to think about what projects to set up.  I think it is a good idea to have specific projects ready that you can change the sentiment on easily, so they can use the card for what they need.  

For one of the cards, I chose for us to CASE (copy and steal everything) this card I saw on Pinterest.  I have the stamp set for this, and it has a few options for sentiments.  I did not have the die, but it was easy enough to cut around it.  


To prepare, I had all the card bases cut, the square panel and mat cut, and had a few paper pads and embossing folders to choose from, and a navy inkpad ready.  I think it is better to limit the number of options, as I have found that people can spend more time looking through your stash and then don’t get their card done.

Here is the card I made.  I omitted that button so that I could easily send it.  My friend’s was a lovely Father’s Day card, and she definitely put her own creative spin on it!



Supplies: Technique Tuesday Swanky Sentiments stamp set, Carta Bella It’s a Celebration 6x6 paper pad, Cuttlebug embossing folder, Versafine Magestic Blue ink

Do you plan cardmaking get-togethers with your non-cardmaking friends? I’d love to hear about it?  I’ll be back soon with another card we made, that maybe didn’t work out as well as this one...

11 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

very pretty. Love the banners like that:) Thanks for stopping by~

Cat Craig said...

Great card, and when starting out limited options are much better. All my friends here in MD are of the crafty kind.

*Vicki* said...

Oh how fun to get together with friends like this! What a fabulous way to start them out too! Fun card!! :)

Carol L said...

What a great way to use up those bits of designer paper to create a fun card! Love the twine and sentiment panel in kraft too! WTG teaching others the tricks of your trade!

aussie aNNie said...

Beauty here Heidi, Pinterest sure has some great ideas but mine never look as good.,x

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful papers and a super design Heidi, I love it, Kate x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful layout and fantastic choice of pattern papers.

crafty-stamper said...

Great card and love the banners and different papers
Carol x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Happy Sunday, Heidi. I love, love, love this card with all the banners and the pretty sentiment on the top. Very professional looking. You are very talented.

I am now starting to teach my coworkers how to make cards. I did all the prep work for my first class last month, including embossing and sponging and cutting of dies. They asked to do it themselves, so off to work I go next week with all supplies (Big Shot too) to a classroom to teach. My boss who oversees three departments is coming and I'm a little nervous. LOL.

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful design and I bet everyone enjoyed themselves? x Hard work for you but so worth it x

Lisa Babitz said...

This is a great card design and perfect for working on with a group. Sounds like your lesson was well planned, and I bet they had a lot of fun!