Thursday, September 10, 2020

Gelli Plate with Background Stamps

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well today!

I would like to show you the results of a simple stamping technique using a gelli plate.  I will first just tell you my process. I applied Distress Oxide ink in a few colors of pink and orange to a gelli plate. I used a brayer, just to even out the ink.  



Then, I pressed this large background (5x7 inches) stamp over the gelli plate and removed it.  I made a print of what was left on the gelli plate (center), and then also stamped what remained on the stamp to make another print (right).

This is really fun and fast to do!  The gelli plate not only allows you to make two prints with every stamp, but it also adds a lot of texture you wouldn’t get if you just stamped the traditional way. I also like how you can stamp easily with multiple colors of ink.

So, I made a bunch of prints and then made several cards out of them.  Some of the prints I didn’t like as well, so I either cut them down and used the area I liked.  Or, I stamped flowers over the print and cut them out like it was patterned paper. 





The background stamp I used is Huge Floral Background, but you could use any of the great background stamps the I Brake for Stamps carries. The sentiments all came from Inspirational Plate #2.  The flowers are from Floral Half Sheet. (As always, save 10% off your entire order at I Brake for Stamps using my code SAVE10HEIDI.)

I really enjoyed trying something new.  Have you tried any new techniques lately?  

15 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Your cards are beautiful Heidi, Gelli plates were something I didn't get into, but you've created gorgeous backgrounds, Kate x

Lisa Babitz said...

Your panels came out great, and I love what you did with them. Gorgeous cards!

aussie aNNie said...

Great GP results, love the background stamp you used.
BTW the robot thingy is still active, I can't leave comments anywhere anymore unless I prove I am human...

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous card designs with those pretty backgrounds.

Bunny said...

Very pretty. I think I definitely need to try one of these gelli plates. [Bunny]

Carol L said...

Beautiful gelli plate backgrounds on each of these cards! I haven't tried the gelli plates yet, but I love the results!

Conniecrafter said...

You got some beautiful prints out of those, and love the flowers to go along with your lovely sentiments and quotes. I still haven't tried mine out yet, but these are certainly great inspiration for me :)

Cat Craig said...

Cool. I am so not aware of gelli plates and their techniques so this was informative.

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely cards! Gelli plates are new to me. Looks like a fun technique. Thanks for sharing.

aussie aNNie said...

Hi Heidi, I sent google a message re the commenting and lo and behold it is fixed...xx

Karen Dunbrook said...

gorgeous results...love the look
xx Karen

*Vicki* said...

Oh my goodness I just love the results from your gelli plate! They turned out fabulous and I love the colors too! I have yet to sit and have a good play with mine! Thanks for the inspiration!

Mac Mable said...

What unique and wonderful gelli plate images. Thank you for explaining how you did them x. Fabulous cards and so very pretty x.As a technique girl I am always trying out new techniques and having fun trying them x.

Viv said...

Great backgrounds here and super cards too Heidi ;)

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a super stamp and gelli print, love the cards you have made with the sentiment as the focus on the background. I have bought a gelli plate, my first efforts with distress oxides are still sitting here, not really sure of what I'll do with them, yours look brilliant... Have a wonderful week... Megan