Saturday, May 24, 2014

Little Violets




 I decided to color this cute little violet with my Derwent Metallic pencils, but not blend them with water.  I stamped the image onto lavender cardstock.  I used  a base color of silver on the violet petals and then blended in purple.  The leaves are yellow and green.  

Supplies:

Gina K Designs Stately Flowers 1 (small violet)
Archival Ink Jet Black
Derwent Watersoluble Metallic Pencils
Patterned Paper from Anna Griffin
Lavender and Green Cardstock from Gina K
Spellbinders Lacy Circles Dies
Pearls from my stash


I hope you might be able to see the very subtle sheen in this detail photo from the Metallic pencils when you do not blend them with water.  (Click on the image for a larger view.)

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Beautiful colouring of the gorgeous stamp, it's a very pretty card.

Warm hugs
Maarit

Far North said...

Fabulous coloring! Thanks for sharing your use of the metallic pencil. I haven't tried that mix...it looks terrific in the larger view. Your diecut looks perfect for this small image.

scrappymo! said...

Beautiful! I love the look of the metallic Derwent pencils!

I do not have those but I am now going to add them to my wish list for Xmas!
The image is so pretty and just right for your pretty card!