Friday, January 27, 2017

Thanks Sew Much "Quilt" Card

In my stamping group, there was a challenge to make a quilt square card, and this is what I came up with.

Click on photos to enlarge.
I used a 1.25 inch square punch on some scraps of paper and then arranged them how it looked like it should from other examples of this style.  It really was pretty easy to do.  Then I placed my square over a die cut square of ivory card and embossed the entire thing with a folder I thought might look a bit like a stitching pattern.  


I did rub a little distress ink over top of the embossing just to cover any areas that might have looked a bit white.  Boy, oh boy! I really enjoy fun ways to use up scraps!  The result definitely made me smile, too.


The sewing notions were stamped and fussy cut from more scraps.  Fun!

Supplies: Cardmaking and Papercraft magazine freebie Sew Pretty stamp set, Versafine Ink, My Mind's Eye Stella&Rose Tangerine paper pad and matching brad, MFT Die-namics Pierced Square die, Antique Linen distress ink.

I would LOVE to participate in the following challenges -- they are worth checking out!
Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes!
Cute Card Thursday - Something FUN
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes!
Pixie's Snippets Playground - Weeks 265 and 266

21 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Wow this is amazing and so clever x

scrappymo! said...

Oh my goodness...this is fabulous! Loving the quilt square and the quilt stitching pattern you obtained with the EF.
This card would be perfect for Pixies Crafty Workshop where you must use snippets.

Carol L said...

That's such a pretty quilt, and the embossed design only adds to the beauty of it all! Great work with all those sewing notions!

Conniecrafter said...

I really want to give this a try, so pretty, love the paper combo!

lostinpaper said...

I just love how you have added a final texture by embossing the whole piece, it takes it totally to the next level!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Heidi, what a beautiful and sweet quilt you've made, and your "piecing" is lovely! How clever to make a quilt simply using squares and layering them. I love your creativity, and what a beautiful card with the "quilted" look from the embossing. And the little sewing notions are lovely! Beautifully done! Hugs and love! xoxo

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a stunning Quilt card, love the embossing over the top of your quilt pieces, looks super effective, as with Scrappy Mo this would be great to add to the Playground at Di's site, Pixie's Crafty Workshop! Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Beth Norman said...

Outstanding work, Heidi. I love the embossing over the whole quilt. Lucky you to have the right embellishments which work so perfect with this quilt.

Di said...

Great card Heidi - very cleverly made. And it's lovely you came to play with us - I see at least three Playground Playmates commenting on your post :) Please come back soon - thank you for following me, have returned the compliment!

Hugs

Di xx

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What a creative design Heidi! LOVE it! The texture, the pattern . . . LOVE it all! Thank you for popping by my blog again today! Have a wonderful weekend! Hazel xx

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

A fantastic card, I love how you've embossed through all of the layers of card.

Sue xx

April said...

I really love this and love the colors too!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This came out really cool. It looks like a nice cozy quilt.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Such a gorgeous card, super design.

Love and hugs
Maarit

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Brilliant work Heidi, very imaginative and clever. Such great way to use up scraps...
Thanks for sharing your inspiration,
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow this is absolutely gorgeous Heidi!! LOVE the texture over your quilt design and this really makes me want to get my punches out and use up some more of my papers laying around! LOL!! Such gorgeous colors too!! HUGS

Lin said...

Love these colors, Heidi, and it's fun to see a quilt pattern on a card, "quilted" with embossing! Thanks for sharing it with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday challenge!

*Vicki* said...

Forgot to say thank you for playing along with us at Cute Card Thursday my friend! :)

Jo Ann said...

Wonderful design and embossing! We are so blessed for your participation in our last Challenge and would love for you to join us again in our current Challenge at Word Art Wednesday. Leaving you with this Scripture inspiration from Colossians 2:6-7 which tells us, "So then, just as you received Christ Jesus as Lord, continue to live your lives in him, rooted and built up in him, strengthened in the faith as you were taught, and overflowing with thankfulness." Have a blessed week.

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Linby said...

One of my fav techniques to do - such a fab effect you've achieved and I love the soft colours.

Sarn said...

Just popping over from the Snippets Playground to say "Hi".

Lovely card. xxx