Sunday, January 29, 2017

Camellias

I got the guts to try coloring up this stamp with alcohol markers yesterday after I perused images of Camellias on google.  They are just gorgeous flowers, in so many pretty colors!  I do not think they would grow outside in my area, but I wonder if you can grow them inside...

Click on photos to enlarge.
I decided pink would be the easiest color to try first.  This die was the only one in my collection that seemed to fit the flowers well.  


One item I had not used before was the small tag die with the little heart.  I wanted this to be a Valentine, so I thought this little tag would be perfect.  


Supplies: Power Poppy Simply Camellias stamps set, Memento black ink, Spectrum Noir markers CR1, CR2, PP3, LG1, CG4, BT2, Spellbinders Lattice Rectangles, Spellbinders Labels 18, Avery Elle Stitched Rectangles (the small tag die), My Mind's Eye Bramble Rose paper pad, Fiskars corner punch.

I drew inspiration from all three of these great challenges!  I hope you will check them out!
Power Poppy Winter Blooms
ModSquad Challenge Show Your Love
Darnell's NBUS Challenge #9 (I did not use the prompt this time, but did use NBUS item.)



After I publish this post, I am going to work on trying to change my email address associated 
with this blog (we switched internet to save money).  I tried earlier today but it was getting tricky, so wish me luck!  And thank you SO MUCH for visiting and especially for the really kind comments!  I am really encouraged by YOU!

13 comments:

Carol L said...

This is just beautiful and the colored flowers look amazing. I love how that bouquet perfectly fits that diecut and the lacy pink diecut adds to the beauty of this one! Love that little tag with the heart too! What a fabulous valentine without the traditional colors!

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, Beautifully coloured camellia's love the pink and brown together, we have quite a variety of them in full sun, flowered so well last season all different colours and forms, they look beautiful. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Cat Craig said...

Lovely floral card Heidi, you picked fabulous shades of pink.

Macimbalo said...

Heidi, your coloring of the flowers and choice of backgrounds are stunning! Who wouldn't LOVE getting this card!!! Thanks so much for playing along with us at  The Mod Squad Challenge Angie, Challenge Host

Mac Mable said...

Firstly good luck with the email and technology! Such a pretty card with a great layout. Well done on the colouring and yes Camellias are so pretty as is your card x

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow these flowers are really stunning indeed Heidi!! You've done such a wonderful job with the coloring and I really love how you've got them framed with your elegant die here too!! Nicely done! HUGS

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful coloring, lovely dies to frame it all.
Hope you had good luck with the email, I told my hubby that is one of the biggest reasons I don't want to change our internet provider

Beth Norman said...

So beautifully coloured. I love the die you have surrounding your flowers, and that cute tag to make it a Valentines card. Very creative idea.

Linda Langes said...

Beautiful colouring Heidi. Hope you had luck changing the number - things like that can be so time consuming:(

wannabcre8tive said...

Heidi, your card is beautiful and you did an excellent job coloring the Camellia's. It is always a pain when we change internet providers. Good luck with the change.

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is gorgeous! You did an excellent job with the coloring and pairing colors up throughout the card.

ChristineCreations said...

You did a beautiful job with these camellias! The soft palette is gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining us at Power Poppy this month!

Darnell said...

Your camellias are so pretty, Heidi, and I love how you have framed them! The wee heart tag works very well!! Thank you so much for playing in my NBUS Challenge #9! Thank you, too, for your kind get well comment! I'm doing really well, considering! I hope the new internet works fine for you! Hugs, Darnell