Friday, March 2, 2018

Peacock Card with Distress Oxide Inks

Hello!  TGIF!  It is so rainy here, but I am looking forward to the break of the weekend.  I would like to share a card I made for a mix of challenges, including a brand new one!  Scroll down for more information.


I used my stamp positioner to first stamp the peacock image in the three tones of blue Distress Oxide ink.  Then, I inked just the edges of the stamp in black Distress Oxide (which, of course, is actually grey, given that it oxidizes a little) and stamped again.  I really loved the rich look of this.  I added Nuvo Glitter drops to the tail.


Supplies: Hero Arts Peacock stamp, Distress Oxide inks in Salty Ocean, Peacock Feathers, Faded Jeans and Black Soot, Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Thanks sentiment, Nuvo Crystal Drops in Clear Glitter, other items from my stash.

I was inspired by these challenges:
The Library challenge - Pride and Prejudice **brand new. I was inspired by the cover of the book
SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes
Word Art Wednesdays 324-325 Anything Goes


I hope you will have a wonderful day!  Thanks for visiting!

You can find me on facebook or pinterest, too.

12 comments:

Viv said...

Such a beautiful card and peacock Heidi, lovely shading too ;) Viv xx

Marina said...

So gorgeous - beautiful colours and the Distress inks give a lovely faded look that's perfect for the challenge. Thanks for joining The Library.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card Heidi. Love the variations in color.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so very gorgeous and I love the teal mix of colors you made for it.

Beth Norman said...

This is definitely a winner. Very different style for you, and I love it, Putting the black around the edges is very unique and clever. It really adds to your card. Have a nice weekend. We are driving to Toronto (3 hours) for my granddaughter's first birthday party.

Conniecrafter said...

very cool, like the way you are doing the backgrounds with your oxides, the black gives it a great framing!

Mac Mable said...

Very artsy look to your card and the effects of the inks are fabulous x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Very fancy looking! Love the black edging.

Thanks for your kind words that it is good I am not dead. I am so tired today that I am not sure I agree that it is a good thing. ha! Of course I bought lots of good things there at the convention... mostly stamps and a few dies that matched stamps and a die to make a shaped card. It seemed like such a small pile on the table compared to the amount of money it was. LOL... oh but it was cling mount stamps so that of course is why the pile wasn't heaping. That, and I'm not a zillionaire.

Camille Short said...

Ooohh. I love those colors! What a great card. Thank you for the great inspiration.

Carol L said...

What a truly WOW factor card! I love the white peacock with all those dramatic blue colors! Stunning!

debby4000 said...

Beautiful peacock card, love the embossing on card.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.
luv
Debby

Bev Polen said...

Heidi, this is a remarkable and colorful Peacock image on your beautiful card! Love it!