Wednesday, October 17, 2018

Halloween Witch with Floating Alcohol Ink Technique

Hello!  I have a spooky Halloween card today.  I had done some backgrounds using the Floating Alcohol Ink technique, and because of my color choices, they work well for a crazy Halloween sky.  Here is a link to a video that shows you how to do this technique.  It is an odd one for alcohol inks, because you use regular cardstock, but it is a fun and different way to use them.


Couldn’t have been simpler to finish this card once I had that background done.  I stamped right over my background, then stamped a second time on yellow paper, and paper pieced the moon.  

Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Moonlit Witch Silhouette,  Sentiment set 1, Versafine Black ink, Adirondack Alcohol inks (didn’t mark down what colors I used), sequins, other items from my stash.

I’d like to enter this in City Crafter’s Halloween Challenge.

Thanks for visiting today, and always a double thanks to those who take time to comment and follow. Have a great day!

10 comments:

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Oh my heaven and stars, this card seriously rocks my world. This card is beautiful. Thanks for the link. On my way.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi there Heidi, what a super card, I love the witch die and what a brilliant background, love the colours, Kate x

Lucille K said...

Perfect card for Halloween; your background makes the scene. Thank you for joining us at City Crafter :)

Cat Craig said...

cool background, Heidi. I'll have to check out the video.

*Vicki* said...

That background is very cool and very unique!! I love the results of that and how you've finished your design too! Amazing job! HUGS

Carol L said...

TFS the technique video, and I love how this all came together! Fun Halloween card!

Wendy Bellino said...

Love it Heidi! This is on my list of techniques to try!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Awesome card design and that is some cool witch diva there. She does not look scary at all.

Conniecrafter said...

very cool, like how you stamped it so the scene is going off the moon onto your background!

April said...

This is great, Heidi! I love the fun sky.