Sunday, October 7, 2018

World Cardmaking Day - More Florals!

Yesterday was World Cardmaking Day! I hope you were able to do some crafting!  Luckily, the challenge goes through today, so if you are a touch late, like me, you still have time.  We were doing stuff around the house, and by the time I got to blogging last night, Blogger was really acting up for me, so I went to bed!



If I only ever made cards for myself, I think they would all be florals!  This is a lovely retired stamp I have used before by Heartfelt Creations. I heat embossed it and added watercolors, then wink of Stella glittery over the whole thing.  When I added it to the panel, I just popped up portions of it and glued down others.  I kind of like it that way!


Supplies:  Heartfelt Creations Flirty Fleurs stamp set, Versafine black ink, Recollections Clear embossing powder, watercolor paper, My Mind’s Eye Bramble Rose 6x6 paper pad, Spellbinders Fancy Edge Rectangles dies, Our Daily Bread Designs sentiment, Tim Holtz tag dies, other items from my stash



I would love to play in SimonSaysStamp’s WCMD challenge, the Flower Challenge - Add Some Sparkle and Die R Us Anything Goes (with brands they carry)

Thank you for your visit today!  I appreciate it so much when you have time to leave a comment or follow my blog.  Hope to be visiting your blogs soon, too!


15 comments:

Dan said...

What a lovely card. The flowers are delightful. So glad to have found you through the SSS Challenge!

Darlene said...

What a sweet creation! Love your floral panel! Thanks so much for playing in our ‘Anything Goes using dies by companies carried at DRU’ challenge at Dies R Us. Good Luck and please come back again soon!

Darlene (DRU Blog Leader)
DIES R US CHALLENGE BLOG
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop by for a visit.

Sherri said...

Darling thank you card! Love the beautiful flowers against that die! Thanks so much for joining our "Anything Goes using dies carried by DRU" challenge at Dies R Us!

Bev Polen said...

Such a gorgeous thank you card, Heidi! Love the floral image! I, too, would only make floral cards if I could! LOL.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Lovely work. I didn't see where you might have used a die so I'm gathering you fussy cut the flower. Good job. I like the white wood bg and the green behind your main image. I'm leaving town for a week so I might not be able to leave comments during that time. Catch you in a week.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a pretty floral card, love the pierced scalloped rectangle die behind the stamped flowers. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Theresa's Studio said...

Lovely card! I too love florals and yours is very pretty. Great design.

Carol L said...

I'm really loving this card with that great background along with those pretty flowers! Love that little tag too - it all works beautifully together!

Cat Craig said...

Heidi, lovely card. I really like the background pieces you chose to highlight that beautifully colored bloom.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Another wonderful floral card design. I love the papers you chose and the wood panel looks fabulous behind the pretty blooms.

Viv said...

It's such a beautiful card Heidi, such pretty flowers too.Thank you for sharing with us over at 'The Flower Challenge' ;) Viv DT xx

*Vicki* said...

Heidi, your card is absolutely gorgeous! Love that floral image along with that wood panel paper!! :)

Marina said...

You do make beautiful floral card and I love how you've presented this one, with patterned papers and the little tag.

Conniecrafter said...

They are so lovely and love the little sentiment tag with the cute sentiment!
I am with you about all I would make is flower and bird cards :)

Aileen said...

such a beautiful card Heidi, I love this stamp you have used and the colours look wonderful. Beautiful design. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam