Wednesday, October 10, 2018

Owl Soccer card for a Girl

Hello!  The sun is shining and I have so many errands to run today, but I wanted to get this card posted first.  I needed to make a soccer card for a little girl, so I hunted through my stamps to see what might work.  This scene is what I came up with.



Most of the stamps are from Purple Onion designs.  I thought the owl was cute and it almost looks like she is kicking with her little feet!  I masked a birthday hat onto the owl and colored her with a pink shirt with white stripes, thanks to my white gel pen.  

The soccer ball was covered with a thick layer of glossy accents.  It needed to dry overnight.  I did stamp the ball on the panel, but then used an action wobble to pop up the glossy ball.  When you touch it, it boings a little bit, but it does push down flat in your envelope.  You can buy the action wobbles at Art Impressions or Amazon.  I needed the Mini size for the soccer ball but there is a larger size too.



I did decorate the inside of the card, but totally forgot to photograph it!

Supplies:  Purple Onion designs stamps Ruby (owl), grass, Party Hat, Happy Birthday, Unity Stamps Making the Team stamp set, Memento black ink, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, MAMBI Champs 8x8 patterned paper pad, Gina K Passionate Pink cardstock, glossy accents, action wobble.

I would love to enter Tuesday Throwdown’s Anything Goes challenge.

Thanks, as always, for your kind comments and for all my followers. I hope to be back around to visit y’all later today. Have a great day!

10 comments:

*Vicki* said...

What a really cute image! I love how you've popped out the ball and mae it shinny! The starry background looks amazing too! She will love your birthday card! :) HUGS

April said...

Your card is so cute! I love the ball. Great job!

Cat Craig said...

Sweet card, love that you used an action wobbler. The little girl will love it.

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun card, love the masking of the hat and the wobbly ball....Such a fun idea x.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a fun birthday card, love the ball on the action wobble, have a wonderful weekend... Megan

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card, love ther gorgeous images and the colours are cool..x

Carol L said...

You sure aim to please that little girl with this fun birthday card! I love the wobbly action of the soccer ball, too much fun!

cuilliesocks said...

Oh just so cute, love the image and your colours, super design, I'm sure the little girl will love it, Kate x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

So very cute. I love your colouring and blue shading. Great idea to cover your soccer ball with glossy accents

Conniecrafter said...

that owl is just the cutest, love the stripe you put in her shirt with the gel pen, great idea to add a wobbler to the ball, I bought some but can't remember where I stored them away... ugh! Like the party hat you gave to her too, fun background for the card too, like the layering with the black and pink!