Tuesday, October 30, 2018

Rudolph Days - Candy Christmas Card

Hello and hope you are well today.  Ever since I did a Halloween card with this stamp set, I have been meaning to do a Christmas version too.  So here it is!



I stamped out the background with Versafine Black, and then Distress Oxides for the colors (since they stamp so well over colored cardstock).  I added Wink of Stella to the candy wrappers, which again, is barely visible in the photo.  I used markers to add a touch of color to the sentiment and then stamped out a cute candy cane embellishment.  I am proud of this ALL STAMPED card, it is still clean and easy to make and mail.  

Supplies: Close to My Heart September Stamp - Just Treats, Versafine Onyx Black, Distress Oxide Picked Raspberry, Lucky Clover and Cracked Pistachio, Tombow water based markers, twine from my stash. 

I am playing in the October Rudolph Days challenge which is Anything Goes Christmas.

THANK YOU for your visit and always, double thanks to those who subscribe or leave a comment here!

8 comments:

*Vicki* said...

This is so sweet! :) Love the image over the soft blue background and your sentiment with the bits of color look fabulous too! Love that accent candy cane with the bow! HUGS

cuilliesocks said...

Lovely card Heidi, love the background stamps and the sentiment as focus, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

Great stamping and the layout looks wonderful. Those oxides really do show up well on coloured coloured. Such a fun card x.

CherylQuilts said...

Heidi, you should be very proud of this card! I love it with the wonderful DP you've created with the stamps, and the Oxides sure stamp so beautifully on colored card stock. Love the sentiment and how you've colored it and then added the darling candy cane. That's my goal this year -- to make easy and mailable cards! Hugs and love, sweet friend! xoxo

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card and I love both versions using those stamps. Those candies make for a great background.

Conniecrafter said...

I can see why you are so happy with the results of this, so pretty, like the twine around the candy cane too!

Jenny L said...

Hi Heidi,
Happy Rudolf Days.
what a very wonderful card and such a great stamped background you have created.
Love the wonderful stamped senntiment too.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

scrappymo! said...

This is such a pretty card. And the mailing cost will be so nice as it is nice and flat for regular mail. I have been trying to keep that in mind lately too! I read that the slot in the old style Fizcars cutters is the depth for American cards but sadly that does not work for Canadian depth. Di at Pixies Crafty Workshop kindly sent me a British postal size finder as our depth sizes are the same!

Thanks for taking part in the October Rudolph Days Challenge.