Monday, October 15, 2018

Halloween Candy Card

Hello!  I generally like Halloween for giving out candy, not too scary for me, so I liked making this candy themed Halloween card.  


I stamped the candy wrappers first to get them mostly even in the background, filled in with the little stars, then I used three colors of Distress Oxide ink to do the centers.  I don’t think you can see in in the photos, but I added Wink of Stella to the candy wrappers, and it really looks good!!

I also used Distress Oxides for the colored border on the green tag, lining it with thin pieces of black cardstock scraps.  The ribbon is left over from a gift I received.  It is going a long way as I used it on a card last week as well, with plenty leftover.

Supplies: Close to My Heart September Just Treats Stamp set, Versafine Black ink, Distress Oxide Spiced Marmalade, Twisted Citron and Wilted Violet inks, Gina K Jelly Bean Green cardstock, Tim Holtz tag dies, Wink of Stella clear glitter pen, other supplies from my stash.  




I would love to enter this card into Cute Card Thursday’s Halloween Challenge, Stampendous 31 Days of Halloween Challenge and Pixie’s Snippets Playgroud #337 -Anything Goes with Scraps. Thank you for inspiring us with your blog challenges!

And thank YOU for your kind visit today.  I’d love to hear from you and visit your blog too. Leave me a comment with a link!  Have a good day!

10 comments:

Carol L said...

Loving the fun little tag on top of all those cute candies and itty bitty stars! Great Halloween card!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful tag and I love the candy theme.

April said...

I love the candy background and the saying goes so well with them.

cuilliesocks said...

Fabulous card Heidi, super design and colours. Never ever made a Halloween card, not celebrated much here,Kate x x

Di said...

Super card Heidi! I love that it's not dark and spooky as well!

Halloween is really catching on here in the UK - at least where we live anyhow! Like you, I love giving out the treats and it's a really fun evening when the kids come calling. Not sure what little Dudley will make of it though!

Hugs

Di xx

*Vicki* said...

This card looks so fun and colorful! Love the addition of the tag with the stripes and ribbon! :) HUGS

*Vicki* said...

So sorry I forgot to mention thanks for sharing your creation with us at Cute Card Thursday Challenges! HUGS, *Vicki* (DT)

Cat Craig said...

I love those lil wrapped candies. Such a cute backdrop for your sentiment panel.

Crafting Andy said...

Love those candies. Thanks for joining us at Cute Card Thursday. Hugz Andrea.

Daria said...

Terrific card! I love the background you created.