Friday, September 27, 2019

Christmas Cards - Making Multiples

Hello!  I typically am a pretty steady Christmas card maker.  For several years, I have made 4-5 cards a month.  However, this year, I just didn’t get them done!  So at this point, I really do need to make multiples of cards in order to have enough ready by the end of November.

My tip for making multiples is to do it with limited supplies and when you are talking with friends.  These cards were all made with the same 2 stamp sets and scraps of patterned paper.  I stamped and colored the images all at once at one of my papercraft meetups.  And then I assembled the cards at the next one.  Talking with friends really helps the time go by quickly and it doesn’t feel tedious to do some repetitive work.

This stamp set is marked 2004, and I picked it up at a thrift store a couple years ago.  What a find for $2.97!  And it is pretty!  Some sentiments are from a kit that I used for 12 cards last year (you can see them here).   I colored all the images with alcohol markers and then die cut them.  


The topiaries were simply layered over some scraps of an old 6x6 patterned paper pack I am trying to use up.  


The wreaths were die cut, and then I added the sentiment parts from another stamp set.  I layered this over a partially dry embossed background and added gold foil paper accents, as well as some clear Nuvo drops.  

I am so pleased to have 9 cards done!



Supplies: Stampin Up In a Pear Tree, Close to my Heart Mistletoe Wishes, Sizzix Snowflake embossing folder, Gold foil paper, Versafine and Memento Black ink, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Gina Marie X Stitched Rectangle and Circle dies, MFT DieNamics Pierced Square dies, Spellbinders Oval and Scalloped Oval dies, Nuvo Crystal drops, other items from my stash.

I would love to enter Scrappy Mo’s Rudolph day challenge for September, Pixie’s Crafty Workshop’s Snippets challenge, SimonSaysStamp’s Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes, and Retro Rubber’s Anything Goes Challenge.

Thank you so much for your visit!  How are you doing on Holiday cards?

—Heidi

16 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Absolutely gorgeous selection of cards Heidi, lovely images and wonderful colours, they are very festive, Kate x x

Cat Craig said...

They look fabulous Heidi. What a deal on your pear tree stamp. All nicely colored and designed. I agree making repetitive cards is best done in a crafty get together setting. At last count I have 35 of 60 made. I am reducing my annual amount this year from 75 last year. I don't count in that the tags/bags for the crafty group which is another 10. I better follow your lead and get a move on!

aussie aNNie said...

Busy bee aren't you making these absolutely beautiful collection of cards...fantastic colouring of these amazing stamps.xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

These are wonderful and a great addition to your stash. All are so beautiful!

Conniecrafter said...

Love them both but my favorite is the wreath, your coloring in both is just terrific and look you got a couple of months worth, I really need to do some catch up too!

Lisa Babitz said...

These are beautiful! I love your beautifully colored images on the clean white panels. The patterned papers you chose behind the pear trees are fantastic, and the partially embossed backgrounds with the foil accents on the wreath cards look great as well. Love these!

Robyn Oliver said...

OOOW, I'm loving all these cards Heidi, you've busy and what a great cheap find...nice images

Sue's Crafty Corner said...

Two beautiful collections of cards here Heidi, what a fantastic thrift shop find.
Thanks for joining in with the Rudolph Days Challenge this month.
Sue DT x

Jenny L said...

Hi Heidi,
Happy Rudolf Days.
Oh what a very lovely array of super cards and your designs look very lovely.
Fab use of stamps and snippets too.
Thank you for joining the Rudolf Challenge.
Lots of crafty love. Jenny L. DT

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Fantastic cards!! I love that you still have your "cheap" stamp. One year all my Christmas cards were made with a $1.99 stamp. Impressive, eh? Your second set of cards are stunning too. Coloured to perfection.

I'm so busy with stamping assignments that I filled out my calendar to break down what I am going to do before my 3 to 11 shifts this week, and making a start on my Christmas cards is one of them. I'm a batch-maker.

Enjoy your weekend. Hugs.

Di said...

These are really super cards Heidi! Wonderful colouring and of course great use of snippets as well.A super thrift shop fid too :)

Hugs

Di xx

Carol L said...

I'm so envious of your accomplishments! LOL I can't seem to get going with the Christmas cards, but these are all wonderful, and what a great buy on that older stamp set!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Yes Heidi that is exactly what I need to do batch bake, next month, have two sketches in my desk at mo! So we’ll see then saw brilliant idea on Verna’s card I must try!
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

scrappymo! said...

Hi there. So great that you were able to get so many cards done. They all turned out so lovely.
With all the time off crafting this year, I too am sadly behind. I need to take a hint from you and mass produce some cards too!



Thanks for taking part in the September Rudolph Days Challenge.

Neva Cole said...

These are wonderful Christmas cards. I do like the wreathe design. Thanks for playing along with us this week at Retro Rubber.

Claire Grantham said...

Love your card, the layout is perfect for making multiples. You have coloured the wreath beautifully. I love making multiples when it comes to Christmas cards. I just wrote about this on my blog! Thanks for joining us this time over at Retro Rubber. Claire DT