Sunday, September 29, 2019

Pinned It? Try It! Week 6: Circle Snippets

Welcome back to my 6th episode of Pinned It? Try It!  I have been perusing card ideas I have pinned long ago, and actually trying the ideas!  

This week, I am focusing on this Pin that was in my Sketch Board.  The original website was Echo Park’s Flickr account and the card was designed by Wendy McKee.  As far as I can tell, Wendy is no longer papercrafting or blogging.  


I really liked this pin for the creative use of small scraps of paper.  I do not use my punches and dies enough, so I knew that this would be a good challenge for me. 

While I loved the wonderful summery colors in the inspiration pin, I wanted to go with a more fall theme.  The papers are all either kraft cardstock, or scraps of a VERY OLD 6x6 paper pad called Darling Deer.  I love this paper pad, but need to use it up.  My banner is a stamp, and I had to add a cute bird stamp as well.  I did distress most of the paper and die edges with Tea Dye distress ink. 

I also was inspired to use my corner rounder, which I haven’t used much lately. 


Supplies:  JFF Fashion Warbler stamp, Lawn Fawn Bannerific Stamp set, I Brake for Stamps Sheet 138B (sentiment), My Mind’s Eye Darling Deer 6x6 paper pad, Gina Marie X Stitched Circle dies, EK Success Circle Punch, Spellbinders leaf dies, other items from my stash.

I would love to enter Pixies Snippets Playground Anything Goes challenge, and WordArtWednesday’s Anything Goes challenge.

Thanks for visiting!

17 comments:

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous card love the layout of circles and dies-love the Autumn colours and the cute stamped bird is perfect.
Carol x

cuilliesocks said...

What a wonderful card Heidi, so much detail to see, I love the images and wonderful colours, Kate x x

Lisa Babitz said...

First of all, I just wanted to mention that, while I had not been able to comment, I have been enjoying your Pinned It? Try it! series. What a great idea!! I also have so many pins and favorites that I don't get to try right away and then forget about. You've inspired me to look at them again and try them out.

I love your fall version of this card! Love the warm tones. This is a great way to use scraps of patterned paper. And that bird is awesome on all your decorated circles. Nice job!!

aussie aNNie said...

WOW LOVE THIS the circles and cuteness plus that delightful bird is a card of my kind but never seem to make..xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card design with the circles. Great colors and I love the bird.

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous pin it try it card Heidi. Love the colors and all the layers so warm and lush and fantastically fall.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

You really took this card to the next level, or so the saying goes. Terrific job on the CASE. I love your colour scheme and how you embellished all those little circles. The warbler is a real showcase stopper. I love everything about this darling card Heidi.

Have a great week!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

So agree Heidi re this pin, lots of Snippets there, well done indeed! Great CASE.
I have to restrain myself from using corner rounder I pull it out often! Love those stitched Cross stitch round dies.
Thanks for being a blessing, and may God bless you too.
Hugs, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Conniecrafter said...

Oh I love your take on this Heidi that is so cool, I love the bird with it and the great banner and so much to see with all the details you have added inside the circles too, love your color scheme!

Di said...

Wow Heidi - this is brilliant. Super way to use up lots of snippets!

Hugs

Di xx

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful fall colours and there is so much to see on your fabulous card. Great interpretation of the pinned card. The papers are so pretty and your card is stunning x.

Wendy Bellino said...

Terrific fall collage! ♥

Greta said...

Gotta say--the pinned card is nice, but your version is absolutely fabulous! So beautiful & creative!

Carol L said...

The details on those tiny circles are amazing! What a fantastic make with such great detail work!

April said...

I love the colors and the snippets. Great way to use up scraps. Of course I love the bird! Great job!

*Vicki* said...

Wow! This is really cool Heidi!! I love the circls and the layout has a fun distressed look to it that I love! The tiny butterflies are fabulous! Great design! HUGS

Karen Dunbrook said...

I really like this, the colours are great and the layout is unique.
well done
:) Karen