Sunday, March 15, 2020

Christmas Cardinal Handmade Card

I am having a hard time focusing. Maybe you are too?

 I was cleaning my craft desk yesterday and was thinking of the reports that all paper supplies and essentials are sold out.  I thought of the baby wipes and paper towels I usually use when crafting. I decided to cut some older towels into pieces to use instead, to do my part in decreasing the demand.  (And they are working well!)

I know all business, especially small businesses, are under extreme pressures.  Some of them that close do not know if they will be able to reopen.  I am not going to break the bank, but I am going to try to make a small stamp order.



So, I finally have a card to share with you!  Almost the entire card is made from bits and pieces from either my scrap box or half-done items box.  The cardinal was previously colored with colored pencils.

I’d love to enter Pixie’s Crafty Workshop’s Snippets challenge, WordArtWednesday’s Anything Goes challenge, SimonSaysStamp’s Monday Challenge Bit O Green

Thinking of you all during this difficult time.  If you are in an affected area, please flatten the curve by eliminating all non-essential errands.

Stamp on!

Christmas Card Goal to Date 2020: 15
Christmas cards completed: 13

18 comments:

April said...

This reminds me to start working on my Christmas cards this month! This is lovely and I love that patterned paper.

Bunny said...

This is a lovely Christmas card. Like April I love your patterned paper.
[Bunny]

cuilliesocks said...

That's such a beautiful card Heidi, lovely bird image and gorgeous colours, super design, Kate x x

Mac Mable said...

Great use of the snippets and a wonderful card x Stay safe your end x.

Cat Craig said...

festive card, Heidi. Great idea with the towels. I use old microfiber cloths, never liked the baby wipe thing. So happy for you that you are doing will with your goal. I am about 11 behind, but the month isn't over yet.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very pretty card. I love cardinals

Lisa Babitz said...

Your background papers are so pretty. I love the holiday florals and greenery. It looks like you created the green panel; looks great! Nice texture behind your nicely colored cardinal and pine cone image, too.

Verna Angerhofer said...

A beautiful mix of papers to show off that pretty cardinal. I made a couple Christmas cards yesterday too.

aussie aNNie said...

Great advice and I too use old towels, instead of paper towels, always have.
Your card is fabulous and love the gorgeous cardinal used. Keepon crafting and enjoy.xx

Conniecrafter said...

Such a pretty combo of patterns and embossing behind your cute bird!!

*Vicki* said...

Oh wow Heidi, this card is stunning!! I just love the layout and your pretty papers to go with him too! I'm having an extremely hard time focusing, but hoping to hear that everything with this is ending soon! Love your idea about the paper towels and I need to keep that in mind. People are being very wasteful with things that will not get used that others may need during this time...so it's sad really. Stay happy and healthy friend!

stampingbowd said...

This is beautiful! I love the pretty cardinal! Beautiful papers! It's fun to think about Christmas. Surely the virus will be behind us then! I have been having a terrible time focusing! Here is my virtual hug to you because we can still do that! :)

Carol L said...

This turned out to be quite a fantastic card with your snippets of leftovers! The traditional colors look great between the embossed panel, dsp panel and pretty background paper! GJ digging into your stash. We ran out and got a couple extra bottles of insulin for my husband yesterday and we are now staying put for a while. It's like a ghost town out there!

Witchcrafted Life said...

Tremendously lovely holiday card. So elegant and rich with the spirit of the season. Cardinals are one of my very favourite birds. They're not common where I live at all, so I melt all the more for versions depicted in art, crafts and those captured in photos.

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life

Paper Lily Leaf said...

What a lovely card! The cardinal is beautiful. Yes, difficult to focus at present, but helpful looking at lovely card creations, April x

Karen Letchworth said...

This is gorgeous, Heidi. I love the cardinal and your lovely design. Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Word Art Wednesday.
Blessings,
Karen Letchworth

Aimeslee Winans said...

We must think alike, Heidi. Doing the same with my paper towels and also trying to use the bits and bobs. I've used a box of them on 3 projects and am now hoping to dump what's left onto a mixed media journal page and gesso over it all - HA!! Is that like giving the dregs a proper burial? Heeeheee Pretty card, love the pencil coloring and it actually looks like it's all supposed to go together. SCORE! XOX

Di said...

Gorgeous card Heidi - and super use of snippets too. We're rationing ourselves here too. For cleaning my stamps I use a Lawn Fawn Stamp Shammy. It works a treat.

Hugs

Di xx