Saturday, March 7, 2020

Watercolor Stamped Scenes and a Worthy Card Drive

Hello! I hope you are having a nice start to your weekend!

Today I would like to promote a very worthy card drive and share some of the little paintings I have been doing as I follow along with the Stampendous Watercolor Friday Series.  



I think I told you before that I started out using some of the stamps I already have.  This farm set is very old, as is the background bandana stamp. Not a perfect painting, but I love this country look.  And watercoloring is forgiving.


Then I decided to purchase this scene builder set that is part of the watercolor class.  I have only had time to use the little sailboats so far, but there are many other little stamps that will create other kinds of scenes, and I hope to have time to play with those today.



This scene is from the class, and is very simple.  I decided to use the torn edges and an additional bird die cut to jazz it up.  I think this turned out nicely.  

I am sending these cards to Operation Safelight 2020.  This is a wonderful opportunity to share your creativity with women and men in a domestic violence shelter.  Carole asks for hand made cards, hand sewn makeup bags and money to sponsor spa bags to give to the people who need the services of the domestic violence shelter.  Such a wonderful cause!  Please check it out.  (Oh, there are prizes to be won too!)

So, these cards need appropriate sentiments (check the Operation Safelight blog post for guidelines).  The wise and wonderful sentiment is from Power Poppy, but I stamped inside all the cards I am sending with stamps from this set.  (This set is just retired, but if you are interested, check with your Close to My Heart consultant to see if they still have any around, often they will have some extras.)


Supplies:  Stampendous Scenic sampler, Bandanas Cling Background, On the Farm stamp sets, Close to My Heart Everyday Magic stamp set, Power Poppy Woodland Carpet stamp set, Versafine Black ink, Daniel Smith Essentials watercolor set, Bo Bunny Early Bird 6x6 paper pad, Carta Bella Ahoy There 6x6 paper pad

I would love to enter Word Art Wednesday Anything Goes challenge.

Thank you for spending some time with me today! I hope you have time to leave a comment so I know you were here, and please consider subscribing.

16 comments:

lostinpaper said...

I agree, watercolouring feels very forgiving and I love the 'washy' look of it. Your cards are wonderful and what a great cause for a card drive. thanks for the share!

Mac Mable said...

A very worthy cause and what fabulous cards you've made x.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Your cards are wonderful and for a great cause too.

aussie aNNie said...

These cards are fabulous Heidi, they are also even more fabulous as for a good cause..x

Shelly Schmidt said...

Beautifully water colored cards. These images are so pretty! I can see you adding in any stamps you want here for a fantastic look!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Your cards are just fabulous, thank you so much for helping spread the word on the Safelight Project!!

Carol L said...

Your cards are all wonderful, very pretty, and how generous of you to donate them to a good cause! I love the backgrounds on the farming cards - they're so rich with color they showcase the water-colored images beautifully! Great job on each and every one of them!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Heidi, these are gorgeous, and for such a nice cause. Your watercolouring turned out beautifully, and so did your bandana background. The watercolour boats look nice on the backgrounds, and the addition of the bird die, with the bird bg, is awesome. Great work, my dear.

cuilliesocks said...

Wonderful cards Heidi, love the little watercolour scenes, and the stamps you've used are fabulous. Kate x

Cat Craig said...

Fabulous scenes Heidi, love how you have finished them all off.

Connie Mercer said...

These are lovely~ Great idea "scene builder".

Conniecrafter said...

Love your sailboat cards and the great papers to go with them!, especially like how you did the shadows on the fence, that looks great!

Karen Letchworth said...

I'm really loving your wonderful backgrounds, Heidi. I haven't mastered this technique yet...not one bit. So I'm always quite in awe of those who have it nailed down so beautifully. Hope you're having a blessed week.
Karen L
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com
www.wordartwednesday.blogspot.com

Lisa Babitz said...

I've been loving your water colored cards. (I have been away for the past 2 weeks and could not leave blogspot site comments from my phone for some reason.) Anyway, you've been doing a great job with a technique I really struggle with. I should check out the video series you've been following!

April said...

All of your cards are wonderful! I love the scenes on each. It looks like you are having fun with the watercolor class.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Girlfriend you are on a roll! All of these will make precious keepsakes for their recipients. XXO