Wednesday, March 11, 2020

Fashion Lady Mixed Media Card

Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well.  I know this is an uneasy time for many due to the Coronavirus.  It has come to my area and we are having some school closings for cleanings, and everyone is taking precautions.  

I did want to take just a second to urge you to get your information from a reputable source. I have seen email forwards, memes and videos that have half-truths that could be dangerous.  I want to do my part to protect the elderly and infirm as much as possible.  Both in my family and in yours.  

The one great thing is that crafting at home is as safe as ever! LOL!

Today, I finished up this card using a couple mediums and stamp sets.  It was fun to make.


First, I heat embossed the doily image with white powder on watercolor paper. I used Brusho Powders to create this bright background! (I liked it so much I almost didn’t use it on a card.)

Second, I heat embossed the fashion lady on grey cardstock.  I took some purple Perfect Pearls and added a bit of water to them to make a paint. I painted this on the flowers using a fine liner brush.  It looks so shiny in person!


Stamp sets used:
Save 10% on your order at I Brake for Stamps using my code SAVE10HEIDI 

Thanks for visiting!


12 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Bold and fabulous. Stay safe Heidi.

cuilliesocks said...

Hi there Heidi, what a wonderful card, beautifully designed and coloured, a very elegant lady. Keep safe yourself Kate x x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful lady design and I love the background.

aussie aNNie said...

Interesting card and different, which I love. Many schools here down under in my state have closed, but cleaning in process...we keep marching on.xx

MiamiKel said...

Absolutely stunning! I love the detail! ANd the contrasting colors marry so perfectly together. And a great remnider to get reputable information - I've seen some scandelous things sent from friends and coworkers and I just shake my head .... we all need a hug, I think!

Mac Mable said...

Wow ...what an eye catching and stunning card. The background is fabulous and I so love how you did the elegant lady x. Yes I can see why you were hesitant to use the background on this one, as it could so easily have be used on it's own. Amazing card x.x.

Carol L said...

THis is fabulous!! I love that brilliant, bright and colorful background with the embossed doily, and the image is wonderful as well! Stunning creation!

Lisa Babitz said...

Your background looks amazing! And I love the sparkly purple on her clothes and how the white embossing and the purple pop on the black. So pretty!!

Conniecrafter said...

Your background looks fabulous, it works great with your fashionable lady :) the perfect pearls were a great idea, love the softness it has against the black.
I agree we really need to watch over our elderly right now

*Vicki* said...

Wow! Your background turned out amazing Heidi! I love that beautiful image with the heat embossing too! I agree we all need to stay in and craft for a while! LOL!! Sending hugs

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

I love everything about this beauty. Your doily with fuscia is eye poping, and the lady looks beautiful in the purple dress

Witchcrafted Life said...

Sensationally lovely card! So chic, vibrant and bursting with stylish pizazz!

Autumn Zenith 🎃 Witchcrafted Life