Friday, March 20, 2020

Texas Bluebonnet Card

Hello!  Yesterday I was able to make another card using things in my “half-done” projects pile.  Again I left the sentiment off as I am not sure what I will use this card for.  (It is a dreary day here, and this was the best photo I could get.)


The main image is an ATC (artist trading card) I made LONG ago.  The background for the ATC is all stamped images in different colors. (I recall a challenge where you were to make a “master board” and then cut it up like patterned paper.)  The floral image is from a Gina K set and it is colored with pencils. I actually think that my son might have colored it and I fussy cut it out.  

Then, the background piece is done with the letterpress technique.  I know I used a Cuttlebug embossing folder and some grey pigment ink that transferred when I put it through the die cutting machine.  Once I finally got this technique to work, I made a bunch of backgrounds. This might be the last one in my stash.  

A reader recently posted that they didn’t know what the technique I listed was.  I think the best thing to do if you don’t know a technique, is to search at Split Coast Stampers Tutorial section, or of course, you can search Pinterest.

I hope and pray you are all well.  Keep on creating!

14 comments:

April said...

This is so lovley! I love how you put your bits and pieces together.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card, great to use up the bits and pieces laying about. Stay safe.

Connie Mercer said...

Love the stamp and how you created with it~

Bunny said...

This is a lovely embossed card. I love the bluebell flower.
[Bunny]

Lin said...

I love it, Heidi! We had been planning a trip to TX to see the bluebonnets and our grandkids in about a week, but of course, now it's been put on hold, probably until next spring. Your card made me smile!!

Diane said...

Greetings Heidi, wonderful embossed background and what a lovely image.

Stay well.

Hugs Diane

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Heidi, a lovely card, beautifully designed and coloured, super composition of stamps and background, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

What pretty stamping and a wonderful collage effect x. The letterpress background looks fabulous too. Such a beautiful card and you stay safe too x.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Gorgeous card design.

Carol L said...

I just love that collage background you stamped - it's perfect to showcase this pretty stem of flowers! Nice embossing and framework too! Stay well and keep on crafting :)

Conniecrafter said...

That background to your flowers is very cool, works perfectly, I think I have that embossing folder too, love how you have matted it. We have been quite dreary here too but today we are actually seeing some sun before the storms come through again tomorrow!

*Vicki* said...

What a very stunning card here Heidi! I love that collage stamped background along with that gorgeous texture!! Very beautifully done!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulously designed card.xx

Theresa's Studio said...

Love how you use the ATC card. Have a few of these ...I should put to use too.
Stay well! Love your design.