Thursday, March 5, 2020

Sailboats in Watercolor

I don’t know how many people have seen this but Stampendous is having a tutorial each week at YouTube on watercoloring.  They started out with in depth videos about the tools, and then in February started the project tutorials. They have so much information in the videos and I have learned a lot!

  They do have a line of stamps out for these projects, but I decided to buy (on sale) the Daniel Smith watercolor paints, and then start working with some stamps I already have.  


This is an OLD Stampendous stamp that I thought was a similar style.   I think this scene is awesome for masculine cards, so I decided to get ahead with a Father’s Day card.  

Supplies: Stampendous Cling Sailboat Bay stamp, Hero Arts Celebrate Everyday sentiment set, Versafine black ink, Daniel Smith watercolors, Canson Watercolor paper, other items from my stash.

I did pick up one of the stamp sets from the videos now, and will be working with it in the future.  I definitely need a lot of practice! What do you think about watercoloring?



I’d love to enter Retro Rubber’s Anything Goes Challenge (have to use an old stamp, this stamp is 5-10 years old)



13 comments:

Connie Mercer said...

This is really a sweet card for a dad!! Beautifully created!! Love iT!!

Carol L said...

This is fantastic with great coloring. You've learned well and created a great father's day card!

aussie aNNie said...

Beautiful card and wow your painting is amazing. I love watercolouring..thanks for the link.xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is a beautiful scene. Great job with the coloring.

Karen Dunbrook said...

really great card for a guy....love that scene and the colours you used.
x Karen

Cat Craig said...

Beautifully colored card Heidi. Love the design/layout as well.

Marina said...

This looks like a little widow looking out onto a beautiful,colourful world.Lovely!

Conniecrafter said...

You did a fabulous job with this watercoloring, such a neat scene, and I like the colors you used on the buildings. excellent job with the sky too, I haven't watched the latest video yet and i haven't tried any of them yet, but I do plan on doing that!

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful little scene with a great design layout and your water colouring looks so pretty x.

Maria Rodriguez. said...

I love this scene, and you colored beautifully.
Thank you for sharing the link to these watercolor lessons at Stampendous, I'm going to check them out.
Thank you for playing with us at RETRO RUBBER.
Hugs.
Maria.DT

cuilliesocks said...

A lovely little scene Heidi and a fabulous card. Your watercolouring looks brilliant, Kate x

MiamiKel said...

OH wow, I have long forgotten my stampendous scenes for watercoloring! Yours is just amazing!

Aimeslee Winans said...

Love love the colors and you did a fabulous job painting! XXO