Thursday, August 20, 2020

Drum Themed Card

 Hello everyone! I hope you are doing well.  We actually traveled last week and I didn’t have internet and barely had any cell service.  I am looking forward to catching up with your blogs.  Thank you for all the kind comments you left here while I was away.  

Today I am sharing a cool card I make for a drum-loving kid!  I think I will use this for his birthday.  


The background was made with Colorburst Liquid Metals and cling wrap.  You can find the instructions here.  (And you can use all kinds of mediums for the background.)

I stamped the drum image from I Brake for Stamps Music Sheet set with Versafine black ink, and then heat embossed with sparkle embossing powder.  In real life, the image looks crisp, but then when the light hits it, you see all the sparkle.  I also stamped a couple music notes on the background to balance out the space in that corner and add to the theme of the card.

The sentiments are from the large Inspirational Phrases set. I stamped another phrase from the set inside, over top of a lightly stamped music notes.  As always, you can save 10% on your purchase from I Brake for stamps with my code SAVE10HEIDI.




Thanks for visiting today!  Keep on stamping!



11 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

Hi Heidi, super image and brilliant design, great colours too, Kate x x

Connie Mercer said...

Great card~love the design and the blue color!!! Perfect!!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Your card is soooo cool. The black notes, embossing and background for the sentiment really stand out against that gorgeous background. Heat embossing always adds a nice touch. Thanks for the link to the tutorial.

*Vicki* said...

Now that cling wrap background looks so cool and just perfect with that image! I absolutely love this design and the colors you've chosen here Heidi! TFS!!

aussie aNNie said...

Fabulous card, the embossing is awesome of the drum kit. x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cool drum set and awesome colors.

Lisa Babitz said...

Nice masculine card for a music lover. Cool background.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Hi there, Heidi! Hope y'all had fun on your travels. That is one sweet-looking card, love your design and the background color is gorgeous. Thanks for that link to Lydia's tute. Uh-oh, though. Many moons ago before clear stamps, I used to shop at IBFS, so I have many stamps, all just rubber that I then added cling to. Then, I got into buying only clear and rubber with cling and for a long time IBFS did not do cling. So I've been successfully avoiding them, as I need more stamps like I need COVID, but just now I peeked over there and darnit!!! I'll have to try to forget I saw!!! hahahahaha Stay well and safe! XOXOX

Conniecrafter said...

I just love how your background turned out, I didn't notice the music notes on there earlier on AI. He will love it I am sure!

Cat Craig said...

nicely masculine.

Mac Mable said...

Great background and a stunner of a card x.