Friday, August 21, 2020

Let’s Celebrate with Lanterns!

 Hello!  The Free 4 All Friday challenge at SplitCoastStampers has a theme of Labor Day today.


My family used to go to a lake every Memorial Day, 4th of July and Labor Day.  Each holiday had a special event, one being the Lantern Night.  Everyone would decorate their boat dock or another part of their property with lanterns.  Then, that night, you would get in your boat and drive around slowly to view them.  It was fun!

My card uses this fun Lantern stamp from Unity (Good Things Begin) over a Bubble Background (see my post here for instructions. This one uses perfect pearls powder in the water).  The background paper is a metallic linen.

I think this card would work well as a birthday card for just about any recipient.


Thanks for visiting today!  Have a good day!

10 comments:

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Great memory for this card. I hope the lake landowners can still do this, seems like a safe way to have some fun this year.

*Vicki* said...

Your card is so soft and pretty! I love your wonderful memory associated with the image too! Sounds like a great time and I sure wish I was there at the lake right now to see the night lanterns!! :) TFS!

cuilliesocks said...

Beautiful card Heidi, and your background is so pretty, soft shades of colour, Kate x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Cool card design.

Conniecrafter said...

Cool background for your lanterns, and love the memory you have that inspired the card!

Cat Craig said...

Very versatile card for sure!

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very fun reading about decorating boats with lanterns. An awesome card to go along with your story. Nice results on your background.

Mac Mable said...

What wonderful memories for you and what a fabulous card x.

Karen Dunbrook said...

I love this card....great job.
xx Karen

Marina said...

Cas yet so effective - just love this.