Friday, August 28, 2020

Purple Roses

 

I started this card by heat embossing the decorative iron stamp on regular white cardstock.  I then sponged over top with Distress Oxide ink, light blue in the center and periwinkle around the outside.

I stamped my main image, June’s Rose, and then colored the leaves and stems first with colored pencils.  Then I used shimmery chalks to color the flowers.  That is always a fast way to color. I fussy cut this out.  

Finally, I heat embossed my sentiment on black and popped it up over the images.

You can buy the stamps I used on this card in the I Brake for Stamps store. As always you can save 10% on your entire order by using my code SAVE10HEIDI.

June’s RoseIron Work Background, Sentiment from Bubble Wrap, Lattice and Flowers sheet

Thanks for visiting and keep on stamping!


10 comments:

Bunny said...

Lovely card. Isn't it nice to make the roses whatever color you want? [Bunny]`

April said...

This is so pretty! My dad grew lavender roses and they were beautiful. Love your card!

Lisa Babitz said...

Love the blues and purples. Pretty card.

*Vicki* said...

That rose image is stunning and it looks amazing over your stamped background! the colors look so amazing to me! Love these shades of purple!

cuilliesocks said...

This is beautiful Heidi, lovely colours and the floral image is gorgeous, have a lovely weekend, Kate x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Gorgeous. I love love love, the colours. The background looks so pretty. I forgot all about chaulks. They look terrific on your flowers.

Cat Craig said...

Lovely colors for your roses and the backdrop.

Conniecrafter said...

That background stamp is a great pairing with your lovely flowers. Love the colors you chose too! I don't know that I have tried coloring flowers with chalks, pretty touch it gave to it!

Aimeslee Winans said...

This is so pretty, Heidi. I have so many of those IO Cover a Card stamps and I never think about inking my own heat-embossed background. XXO

handmade by amalia said...

A lovely card.
Amalia
xo