Monday, August 24, 2020

Wine Card Series

 I am starting a few card sets for Christmas gifts.  One of the themes is wine. I expect that most of the cards will be flat for mailing, and all different from one another.  I also will be making paper boxes for them.  

Here is the first in the wine set:

I created a distress oxide background on watercolor paper, die cut it, then stamped over top with dark brown distress oxide.  (The stamp is from Just for Fun.) The background paper is not only wine colored, it is also shimmery!  It looks really neat in person. I embossed this and then covered the exposed white core with brown ink. 

 

Thanks for stopping by!

11 comments:

Verna Angerhofer said...

Wonderful card design and great colors and textures.

aussie aNNie said...

Like this card Heidi, great colour theme with the red embossed background. x

cuilliesocks said...

Super design Heidi, and a great idea for wine lovers, Kate x

Viv said...

What a clever card Heidi! I must start my Xmas cards soon, time goes so quickly these days. Sorry I am so late relying to comments also ;) Viv xx

Cat Craig said...

I’m sure they will be appreciated.

Conniecrafter said...

very cool, I do love how you did the embossed background to go with it!

*Vicki* said...

Really awesome design and I love that gorgeous textured background!! TFS!

Theresa's Studio said...

Great card design! And a great gift idea! You've inspired to make some sets for giving and now is the time to do them.

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful colour combination and the wine theme is fabulous x.

Lisa Babitz said...

Great note card design and perfect for a wine lover. Great gift idea!

Marina said...

Lovely vintage look - like expensive wine!