Monday, February 11, 2019

Dinosaur Card - Non-traditional Valentine!

Hello!  I want to share a bit of a non-traditional Valentine today.  In fact, if you take off the hearts, I think you could use this card for a birthday card.

The background is an interesting technique I learned from my stamping friend, Stampwilly Designs.  Basically, you crinkle up your cardstock, then run different colors of Distress Oxide inks over it.  After each color, you can make a print of this onto a fresh sheet of cardstock, but what I am sharing today is the direct to paper part.


I then created a grassy part for my dinosaur to stand on by tearing a scrap of green cardstock.  The heart gems and that fun sentiment were added to make it a Valentine, and I think this is going to be great for a nephew of mine.

I would like to enter this in Word Art Wednesday’s Anything Goes Challenge.

Supplies: Hero Arts 1989 dinosaur, Memento and Versafine Black inks, Stampendous Changito Wild about You stamp set, Distress Oxide inks in Lucky Clover, Squeezed Lemonade and Blueprint Sketch, everything else from my stash.

Thank you for your visit!!!

11 comments:

Lori said...

Fun dinosaur valentine! And what a cool background - love how it turned out!

Mac Mable said...

Such a fun and unique Valentine's card...love it x.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Super fun Valentine card. I know a few grandsons of mine who would love this.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a sweet card for your nephew on Valentine's Day... love the background you created with the distress oxide inks. Have a wonderful week... Megan

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Terrific Valentine's card. I am absolutely drawn in by your background. Your results are stunning.

I like the dinasour. So perfect for a masculine card.

Carol L said...

I love how you've been using that wild about you sentiment, and it's perfect for this card! Great background for the image, and so perfect for a little man who likes dinosaurs!

Cat Craig said...

what a cool technique.

Bev Polen said...

Hi, Heidi! Your card may be non-traditional but it is fantastic! I love the dinosaur and great background! Hugs! Sorry, I've not been by, but I have been spending, and will continue to do so, my days with my daughter who gave me another beautiful granddaughter. Hugs!

*Vicki* said...

That background is really stunning and perfectly fit for your dinosaur friend!! Love it! HUGS

Conniecrafter said...

that was such a perfect background for your Dino!

CherylQuilts said...

Heidi, this is one ADORABLE card! I love the amazing background, and what a cute dinosaur! Hehe! Sweet like you. Have a wonderful Valentine's Day, sweet and dear friend! xoxo