Thursday, February 7, 2019

Distress Oxides Smooshing over Gesso Technique

Hello everyone!  I hope you are doing well.  

I have been working on the administrative side of my blog.  I continue to investigate commenting issues, and I think I have a fix as I have been able to comment on more blogger blogs today.  Yay!

Also, you might know that Google+ is closing up shop, and so many of us that use Blogger have widgets and things that are connected to Google+.  So I went ahead and removed those.  

The rub is that people who have been following me via Google+ and won’t find me anymore.  However, I have gone through and tried to find all those blogs that I followed on Google+ and added them to my regular reader.  I now follow about 120 blogs!  


Anyhow, I have shared this tip before, but I have an easy hack for doing the smooshing technique with Distress Oxide inks.  The trick to getting lovely layering (I think) is to first coat your cardstock with gesso and letting it dry.  Then do the smooshing as you usually do, drying in between colors.  This background was done using Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves and Salty Ocean Distress oxide inks.  

I then stamped and colored my snowman.  I added glitter pen in certain spots.  I cut out the snowman just on top, creating a hill below.  



Supplies: Power Poppy Snow Kissed Stamp set, Memento and Versafine Black inks, Distress Oxide Wilted Violet, Seedless Preserves, Salty ocean inks, Sakura Stardust gel pen, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers

Thanks for visiting today!  If you aren’t already, consider becoming a follower!


13 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Super snow man Heidi and that background is simply delicious.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Thanks for the heads up on Google.

Your background rocks my world. It makes for an outstanding and very attractive card.

lostinpaper said...

Oh My Heidi, this background is perfect for that cutie patootie snow man(woman)! Sadly I may not get round to commenting very often but I luckily do all of my following through Bloglovin though it is difficult to see Google+ finishing but it sounds like you are well prepared.

Carol L said...

The background looks amazing and I love the colors! Nice that I can click your name and be taken to your blog now, since I never got onboard with Google+!

Verna Angerhofer said...

That background looks like a wonderful snowfall and I love the little scene with the snowman.

Linda Langes said...

Love that gorgeous Oxide background and thanks for the tip - must try the gesso first :)

Diane said...

Fabulous background design, technique and adorable snowman Heidi.

Hugs Diane

aussie aNNie said...

oooh love love love this background, it's amazing Heidi, oh have been for follower for ages and thanks for following me.xx

Connie Mercer said...

Looks amazing- perfect color combo!

Conniecrafter said...

I just love the results you got on that background and the snowman is so sweet!

*Vicki* said...

This background looks so amazing!! Really love this fantstic snowman card!! I have deleted my Google Plus account, but I have been using Feedly reader for several years now so I can organize the people I follow that way. Glad you figured yours out! HUGS

cuilliesocks said...

What a fabulous inky background, gorgeous colours too, I love the sweet snowman, super card, Kate x

April said...

This is so vibrant! I love your card!