Wednesday, February 27, 2019

February Flower of the Month Card - Violets

The flower of the month of February is the Violet.  If you follow my instagram or facebook pages, you may have seen, last week, I started auditioning colors for this stamp.  Well, I ended up choosing the yellow.  I really like yellow violets, and they are hard to find!


After coloring my stamp, I rooted through some of my really old paper pads to find enough scraps to finish the card.  I used a tiny banner punch to make the little pieces I placed under the image.  

Supplies: I Brake for Stamps Violet Flowers, Memento Black ink, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, scraps of patterned paper from old My Mind’s Eye 6x6 paper pads, EK Success banner punch.
Save 10% on your order at I Brake for Stamps with my code, SAVE10HEIDI.



Thanks so much for visiting me today, and for all your kind comments!



13 comments:

cuilliesocks said...

This is such a pretty card Heidi and your colouring and layout is beautiful, Kate x

Mac Mable said...

Such delicate and pretty violets and didn't realise they where hard to find. Wonderful design and such a pretty card x.

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Mac Mable, just the yellow ones are hard to find for me. The blue ones and even the white ones are more common.

CherylQuilts said...

Wow, Heidi, what a gorgeous card! I didn't know that there were yellow violets, no less that there were hard to find. They are so sweet and so beautifully colored! I really love your layout too with the beautiful DP and those sweet bitty banner/tags. Sweetness!! Hugs and love, sweet friend! xoxo

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so beautiful! We had a bed of both the purple and yellow ones and they were so pretty. You did a great job coloring these.

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card Heidi. Your patterned papers are a fabulous backdrop for those unusual violets. So very pretty.

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Very pretty yellow violets. So bright and cheery at this time of year especially. Love the colour of DP with the yellow. Great work Heidi.

Conniecrafter said...

Such pretty coloring of them, you are right you don't see so many yellow violets in the stores to buy. Pretty combining of the pattern paper and like the little banners

Carol L said...

Violets are beautiful in yellow, and I like the blue papers that compliment them so well too! I just used my mini banner punch this week too LOL GMTA

wannabcre8tive said...

A beautiful card and colors. It looks so cheerful and I like that since it is so dreary out today. (and yesterday)

MiamiKel said...

Heidi, this is super! Such a beautiful card design and just as sweet as can be!

aussie aNNie said...

So pretty, love the gorgeous colouring of this stamp.

Marina said...

Really pretty and I love how you've used the patterned paper.