Saturday, October 28, 2017

Tweet! Chirp! Card project

Hello!  Thanks for stopping by my blog today.  October sure has flown by.  I wanted to participate in a color challenge, but the colors were clearly Halloween inspired, and I wasn’t planning on making any more Halloween cards.  (The colors were purple, orange, yellow and black.)  So I tried a few things and finally came up with this card.


The birds were colored with my Prismacolor pencils and blended with the blender pencil. I added little dots to them with a gel pen.  I happened to find this patterned paper that mostly went along with the color combo, so I used it to jazz up the background.  


Supplies: Ranger Little Birdies stamp set, Versafine Onyx Black ink, Prismacolor pencils, MFT Die Namics Pierced Squares die, Love Nicole Aquarelle 6x6 Paper pad, embellishments from my stash.

I would love to play along with the SplitCoast Stampers Color Challenges CC658, SimonSaysStamp Wednesday Challenge - Anything Goes.

Thanks for stopping by! I hope you have a great weekend!  Are you stamping?

12 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Oh so pretty, Heidi. The coloring is perfect.

My Card Attic: Hazel said...

What super sweet little birds and coloured so beautifully Heidi! Love it! Have a weekend day! Luv & Hugs. Hazel xx
My Card Attic

Mia said...

Beautiful card, Heidi. I love your pretty birds and the adorable background. Kisses, my friend.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is super cute. I love this as well as I am no longer into doing Halloween cards. I love your little birds and the wonderful colors in the background.

Linda Langes said...

Yes I'm stamping! Love these sweet brightly coloured birds and what a fantastic patterned paper Heidi.

Marina said...

My first thought was that the colour combo is really pretty , so I smiled when I read they are Halloween colours. They look a treat here!

Beth Norman said...

Beautifully done with your colour challenge. Your DP matches your birds so well.

Mac Mable said...

Such a clever way to use the 'halloween' colours and great choice of paper. Such adorable birds so beautifully coloured x

Conniecrafter said...

pretty paper choice to go with your cute birds, really like the white gel pen accents on the bird!!

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a wonderfully vibrant card, love the little bird stamp you used, reminds me of the little Aussie Zebra finches we used to have in the aviary, until Mr. or Mrs. Snake moved in and ate them... have a wonderful week.... Megan

lostinpaper said...

Great use of the Halloween style colours, those birds look so happy together!

Gayatri said...

Bright and beautiful! Thank you very much for playing along Simon Says Stamp Anything Goes Challenge. Gayatri xx