Wednesday, October 11, 2017

Puppy Love Card

Hello!  Thanks for visiting my blog today.  I pulled together this card quickly last night for my niece, who reportedly recently became enamored (possibly obsessed) with puppies.  I would have given her a puppy for her birthday if I thought it would have been even remotely okay with her parents!  Second best, a puppy card!


I already had this Purple Onion doggy colored with watercolor pencils from a while ago.  I cut him out with a die.  I used a new background stamp from Hero Arts to stamp the background and then dug through my scraps box.  I found this piece of embossed pink paper already in there!  I finished off the card with my favorite sentiment for kids, from Lawn Fawn, because it is a nice, bold (and most importantly) PRINTED sentiment.  

Supplies:  Purple Onion Designs Puddles dog stamp, Hero Arts Amore Background stamp, Lawn Fawn Year Two stamp set, Darice Heart Embossing Folder, Versafine Onyx Black ink, Hero Arts Raspberry Ink, Derwent Watercolor pencils, EK Success scalloped edge punch, Gina Marie X Stitched circle dies.

I would love to play along with A Blog Named Hero's  Calling All Critters challenge, as well as Word Art Wednesday's Anything Goes and Pixie's Snippets Playground - Weeks 301 - 302.

Hope you have a great day!

11 comments:

Mac Mable said...

Cute image and such an adorable card x Puppy card sounds good to me x

Beth Norman said...

Cute, cute, cute. Love the puppy dog and how you laid out your pink papers.

Carol L said...

oh how cute!! Not only is that puppy adorable, I just love the pink colors in your design!

Conniecrafter said...

Oh my goodness is that ever too cute, she is going to Love this, great paper and embossing combo too!

Marina said...

I bet she was totally delighted with this pretty puppy card.

Di said...

Oh Heidi - this is just SO cute! What a lovely card and I'm with you about the longing for pups. I took a dog lead out for walks with my previous OH when I was in my 30's and really desperate for a puppy Bichon Frise. I won him over and had so many happy years with two little balls of white fluff. Happy memories!

Lovely to see you in the Playground!

Hugs

Di xx

Di said...

Ahem, my comment may have sounded a bit odd - those balls of white fluff were indeed Benjie and Dougal, Bichon Frise brothers! Cutest little dogs on this Planet xx

Viv said...

Great card Heidi,loving the pink of course and that sweet little puppy too ;) Viv xx

Jo Ann said...

Love the adorable image and the pink theme. Thank you for blessing us with your entry at Word Art Wednesday. Hope you link more projects soon. Leaving you with the hope found in God Word in Psalm 147:11 which says, "The LORD delights in those who fear him, who put their hope in his unfailing love." Have a fruitful and blessed day!

JO ANN
http://jatterburycreations.blogspot.com

Cat Craig said...

oh my what a cutie!

creative lady said...

Cutecard, love the layout. Thanks for joining A Blog Named Hero.