Thursday, September 27, 2018

Stunning Lion Face Masculine Birthday Card

Hello! Thanks for visiting.  This card is not a super typical card for me, but I have been searching for some stamps that are really different and will make cards for different recipients easier to make.  


I first made a loose watercolor background.  I stamped the lion right over it and hand cut it out.  I had this cool paper from a camping patterned paper pack that it happened to coordinate perfectly.  I thought this sentiment circle, from this sentiment set, looked like something that might be stamped onto a box for your safari trip - so that worked out great, too.  


Supplies: I Brake for Stamps Lion Face, Sentiment set, Versafine Black ink, Pink Paislee Outfitters 6x6 paper pad, Recollections grey kraft cardstock  (As always, save 10% on your stamp order at I Brake for Stamps with my code, SAVE10HEIDI)

I’d like to enter this card into Lost Coast Portal To Creativitiy’s Follow the Yellow Brick Road challenge and SimonSaysStamp’s Wednesday Challenge Anything Goes!

Thanks for your visit today!!  I’d love it if you had time to leave a comment or follow my blog!


15 comments:

Carol L said...

THis is awesome! Love the lion face and how you colored it, and you paired it with the perfect dsp for a WOW factor! NJ!

Mac Mable said...

Wow that's one eye catching card. Great Lion stamp and wonderful colours x.

*Vicki* said...

Wow this card is really eye catchingly gorgeous Heidi!! Love that lion face an your colors are just brilliant! The papers go perfectly with this design!

Cat Craig said...

Awesome card, every element goes together perfectly. Awesome masculine card.

April said...

What a striking card! I love the lion and the layout!

ionabunny said...

Yes, very different and yes, I love it. What a beautiful lion and a wonderful design. Thanks for joining the fun at the Lost Coast Portal to Creativity. Hugz

Verna Angerhofer said...

I have that stamp and I love it. You used it beautifully on your card.

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a super lion stamp, love the patterned background on the stamp and the papers. The sentiment is spot on for the card too. Have a wonderful weekend... Megan

Conniecrafter said...

It sure does make a great masculine card, great patterns to go with it

Sue said...

This is fabulous, I love your lion stamp! Thank you so much for joining in with our challenge at Lost Coast Designs, and have a very happy weekend, Sue xx

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

This is one darn cute card. I love the lion and how you created a loose watercolour background. It turned out beautifully.

Cathy said...

Thank you for joining the Lost Coast Challenge. I like this masculine card. I don't think this lion would be cowardly.

Laurie said...

Wonderful and wonderful lion image. It's too bad the Cowardly Lion didn't take a page from
this guy's book! Thank you for joining the Lost Coast Design Challenge!

Marina said...

Oh yes - this is really different. What a bold, beautiful and striking card!

Lori said...

Very cool masculine card! Really love the colors and layout of your design. Thank you for participating in this week's challenge over on the Lost Coast Designs Portal to Creativity Blog!