Sunday, September 23, 2018

Camping Themed Thank You card (Purple Onion Designs)

Hello again!  Glad you are here!


I needed to make a thank you card, and it had to be camping-themed.  So I got out some of the Purple Onion stamps I have been collecting and made this scene.  I did use my trusty stampamajig AND masking, but it was pretty straightforward.

I then colored the image with markers, using some stippling to get texture.  I did color the sky, but was unhappy with it (it was my first attempt at a night sky) so I trimmed out the scene and placed it over this background that was in my stash.  (It was made with light blue cardstock, mopping up some excess distress and distress oxide inks from my work surface.) This worked out well!  I just had to paper piece on the moon.


Supplies:  Purple Onion Designs stamps from the A Sweet Summer collection, Memento and Versafine Black inks, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, other items from my stash.

I would love to enter this card into Back to Basics Inky Backgrounds challenge.  

Thanks so much for visiting, and a big double thanks to those of you who comment and subscribe!  

13 comments:

Carol L said...

What a great scene, and a great save on the background! This makes me miss our camping days so much!

Beth Norman said...

Love this card tremendously Heidi. The stippling and texture really adds a punch. I think is is one of my favourites you've done. Bravo.

Cat Craig said...

Heidi, this is such a wonderful scene. I love the design of your card and good work not giving up.

Mac Mable said...

Great scene making and wonderful masking. Such a unique and thoughtful card and what a great save x.

Verna Angerhofer said...

That is a fantastic camping scene and I love how you colored the images too. This is sure to be a hit with your friend. A wonderful thank you card indeed!

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, a fantastic thank you card to send, love the inky background with the scene fussy cut out over the top... have a wonderful week... Megan

Bev Polen said...

Heidi, I love the beautiful camping scene on your lovely card! It colorful and reminds me of days gone by! Great work, Heidi!

meg said...

love the inking of night sky it looks so real, great camping scene and card, thank you for joining in at BBB

Conniecrafter said...

You did a fabulous job of coloring this and I don't know what the other sky looked like but this one works perfectly, it all came together perfectly!

*Vicki* said...

Wow, such an incredible scene! I love the way you've done your sky background this way!! It turned out stunning!

April said...

Oh what a great card! Such rich colors. Love it!

Bonnie said...

Your scene is so pretty, Heidi! I love the vivid colors and the sky is perfect! I need to remember to use colored cardstock to mop up! Love that look!

Cazro said...

Fabulous, I think your inky sky is wonderful. A great card. So pleased you shared with us at Back to Basics and Beyond, Caz. DT.