Wednesday, September 19, 2018

Heron Silhouette Sunset Card

Hello!  I have a serene Thank You card to share with you today.  It still feels like summer, and even if it were not, I guess we could travel south with the birds to see this little scene!


 I made the background by doing a watercolor wash on watercolor paper.  When the paint is still quite wet, you throw grains of salt on it to get this pretty effect.  It is an old technique, but it never *feels* old to me!

I stamped right over the dried background with the Great Heron Silhouette stamp and framed it with black cardstock.  So pretty!  I added a scripty “thanks” to finish the card.


I would love to enter this into the Back to Basics Inky Backgrounds Challenge. Thanks for hosting!

Thanks for visiting today!!

10 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Beautiful card Heidi. that salt technique adds a nice texture. The black mat really brings it all together.

Mac Mable said...

The salt technique and the colours on the background look fabulous. Wow to the silhouette of the heron x. Beautiful card x.

*Vicki* said...

The salt technique is so fun! I love that very pretty softness you've achieved to make a lovely backdrop for your image!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Heidi this is so gorgeous and I love the salt technique background you made. I have not made one of those in ages. But I sure love the colors on yours. It is cold and chilly here so we do feel like it is Fall. Having some homemade tomato soup tonight to ward off the chills in the house. I best go get my sweatshirt back on. LOL

Crafting Queen said...

Beautiful inky background. Thanks for joining us at Back to Basic and Beyond. Anesha

Carol L said...

This turned out fabulous, and I never knew about the salt trick! We learn something new every day! Great colors on this silhouette beauty!

Conniecrafter said...

I love that technique for your sunset background, just perfect with your silhouette stamp!! Yep a couple more days of summer here and they are saying we will get into our fall temps, so excited!

Theresa's Studio said...

Your salt technique background turned out fabulous. Great choice of colors and love that Heron stamp!

Beth Norman said...

What a stunning card. Your background turned out beauituflly and the silhouette makes your card pop.

Cazro said...

I love the result of the salt techniqe, great colours, a great card. So pleased you shared with us at Back to Basics and Beyond, Caz. DT.