Thursday, September 20, 2018

September Flower of the Month Card - Morning Glory

I’ve been excited about the September Flower of the Month for a while now.  It is Morning Glories! I love this flower and didn’t get my seeds planted in time this year so I don’t have any in my garden!  But I do have a card.


In case you are new, this is my self-imposed challenge to use my flower stamps.  Each month has one or two flowers that are traditionally birth flowers for that month.  And you might be surprised that you have many of them in your stash already! (You can see all my flower-of-the-month posts HERE.)


I colored my flowers with alcohol markers and added glitter Nuvo drops to the centers.  I think in this second photo, they may show up.  They are pretty!  I hand cut the panel out to create a bottom and a top, and then glued it down over my sentiment panel.  I really like this color of blue!  It was in a cardstock pack from Hobby Lobby.


I would like to enter this in the Flower Challenge - Anything Goes!

Supplies:  I Brake for Stamps Morning Glories Border, Rising of the Sun text stamp, Memento and Versafine black inks, Spectrum Noir alcohol markers, Nuvo Drops Blizzard, Hobby Lobby blue cardstock.
(You can always save 10% on your order at I Brake for Stamps by using my code, SAVE10HEIDI)

Thanks for visiting today!  I’ll be back tomorrow!




15 comments:

Carol L said...

This is such a pretty card, and I never realized Morning Glories were a September flower! I always thought it was an Aster, but now I know why I've always enjoyed the morning glory so much! Love the blue colors of this wonderful card!

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

Lovely! And would work nicely with any sentiment.

Cat Craig said...

Heidi, that is the perfect sentiment for those glorious blooms! Beautiful card, fabulous design.

Mac Mable said...

Such a beautiful card, love the morning glory flowers and the blue card stock looks great x.

*Vicki* said...

Your blue flowers are so pretty!! Love the verse and your cut around your images make this a wonderful layout design too!

April said...

Your card is so lovely, Heidi! I love the verse you chose to go along with the flowers. Great job!

Bev Polen - Guneaux Designs said...

Such a beautiful card featuring awesome morning glories, Heidi! The flowers are colored so beautifully and go so well with the blue cardstock. I love the verse! Great card, Heidi!

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is so gorgeous and I always loved the blue Morning Glories I used to grow too.

aussie aNNie said...

Oh gosh this is beautiful, what a glorious stamp...and lovely flowers in their natural blue.x

Theresa's Studio said...

Love the card! Great layout and stamps! Looks great with the blues cs.

Beth Norman said...

Love the design of your card. The hand cutting of the blue cardstock is very attractive. Your flowers are so pretty.

Conniecrafter said...

Beautiful, I just love how you cut the borders and have the verse in the center like that, so lovely!

Viv said...

Gorgeous sentiment and flowers here Heidi,lovely card ! I have so many unused flower stamps lol. You could always enter our challenges too see 'The Flower Challenge'..link on my blog ;) Viv xx

Aileen said...

Beautiful card Heidi, love the design and those flowers are just so pretty. Also love how you are doing the flowers for each month, wonderful idea. Thank you so much for joining us at The Flower Challenge and we hope to see you there again soon. Aileen DesignTeam

Bonnie said...

Your morning glories are gorgeous, Heidi! You've colored them beautifully and cut them in such an interesting way! The way they frame the Carolina blue card base and scripture make this extra special! And I love that single little flower!