Friday, September 21, 2018

Hot Air Balloon!

Hello! I hope everyone is having a nice weekend.  We should have clear skies for at least a day!  

I have a clean and simple card to share today.  This card was worked up for several challenges, and I like how it turned out.


I first stamped the balloon on white cardstock, colored it, and embossed it with the cloud embossing folder.  I then paper-pieced the balloon. I was concerned it wouldn’t lay flat over the embossing, but it worked just fine!

Supplies: Just for Fun Rubber Stamps Hot Air Balloon, Hero Arts sentiment, Versafine black ink and Versamark ink, White detail embossing powder, Darcie Cloud embossing folder, Gina K Navy cardstock.

I would love to enter this in SimonSayStamp’s Wednesday Challenge - Bling it On, Tuesday Throwdown - Add Some Texture, Word Art Wednesday - Anything Goes and SplitCoastStampers Free4All Balloon Challenge.



Thanks so much for your visit!!

9 comments:

Marina said...

I love how you've paper-pieced the balloon in the colouful floral paper.

Carol L said...

Great paper piecing over the embossed clouds! It all works beautifully together with that great sentiment too!

Cat Craig said...

Paper piecing is such a great idea for that balloon Heidi. Sweet scene.

Mac Mable said...

Wonderful paper piecing and great that it layed flat after the dry embossing of those fun clouds. Fabulous card x.

Karin Åkesdotter said...

Your card is so beautiful! Love the heart rhinestones - so great for our theme! Thank you so much for playing along with us at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge! /Karin

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love how you pieced that balloon. It looks awesome on your wonderful card.

Conniecrafter said...

Great cloud background, and the great pattern you used for the balloon, I like the sentiment you used with it!

scrappymo! said...

Paper piecing that balloon was a brilliant idea. great card!

Megan J said...

Hi Heidi, I'm loving your new blog background and the same timber effect behind your card too. A beautiful card, love the patterns on the balloon and the cloud embossing folder looks great.... have a wonderful week... Megan