Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Kittens — A Card and an Update

Hello everyone! Thanks for being here today.  You may, or may not have, noticed that I have not been around the blogosphere so much lately. I haven’t been at my craft desk much either.  My family adopted two baby kittens and while they are completely adorable and loving, it definitely takes time to raise them.  

We lost our sweet 17 year old cat last summer, who we had raised by hand after he and his brother were abandoned by his overwhelmed feral mom outside our workplace.  Now, that was more work than the ones we have now, as we had to wake in the night and come home at lunch to feed them with bottles. I have had cats and kittens my whole life, so after a year of mourning, it was time to get some new babies.  I always like to have two cats, since they are quite social, and many are happier as a bonded pair.  And, at the kitten stage, it is more appropriate for them to tackle each other rather than tackling people!

So, I made this kitten card to celebrate the occasion, plus it will work great for any female cat lover, of any age!  I got to use up some patterned paper scraps too.



Supplies: I Brake for Stamps Kitty in a Can, Florals Sheet, Memento and Versafine Black ink, Gina K  Double Stitched Rectangle dies, all other items are scraps from my stash.  Save 10% on these stamp at I Brake for Stamps with my code SAVE10HEIDI.

I would love to enter Tuesday Throwdown’s Furry Friends challenge, Pixie’s Crafty Workshop’s Snippets Challenge, Word Art Wedneday’s Anything Goes challenge.

Also, in case you were curious, here are our babies.  

15 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Oh Heidi, your card is so darling. Any cat lover will adore it. So glad you included a picture of your two new family members. They are adorable. I just want to come over and play with them...lol.

*Vicki* said...

Awe!! Heidi, your wo kitties are as sweet as can be!! Congrats on your new family members and of course little ones take up some time for sure! :) Enjoy them! Your card is so sweet with that image! Fabulous combo of papers and color too!! Sending HUGS

Mac Mable said...

Such adorable new babies and thank you for sharing the cute photo x. Fabulous card for a cat lover with a super cute image and the designer papers look great x.

aussie aNNie said...

Oh gosh are they cute or what, bet they are not a rough as my Monte...oh the baby stages are so trying, never had a cat so don't know what they are like...cute...
Your card is gorgeous.xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

What a great card and I love your kitties too. They are so cute.

Carole @ From My Carolina Home said...

How adorable, your kitties are just too cute. Glad you are stamping again, the card is so pretty with the framed papers. I'll have to remember that idea!

Carol L said...

The card is perfectly appropriate for the new members of your family, and I like those snippets of designer paper! Have fun with those adorable kittens, they're very cute and will have fun growing up together I'm sure :)

cuilliesocks said...

What adorable kitties Heidi, they are just lovely and you'll have so much joy with them....if hard work, lol.
Your card is delightful, such a gorgeous image and a fabulous design, Kate x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Two sweet, sweet kittens to make anyone smile. I'll bet they are full of mischief at this age LOL.

Your cat card is adorable. Fabulous colours and shading. I love the plaid too.

April said...

I love your card! Your kitties are so sweet!

wannabcre8tive said...

Love this card, Heidi. The colors and papers are so pretty Great coloring on the image. Good luck with your new babies.

Di said...

Wonderful card and so lovely to see you in the Playground Heidi! Your kittens are just adorable :)

Hugs

Di xx

MiamiKel said...

Oh Heidi, you have such a generous heart! I love that you adopted these two babies and together ~ we have a rescue cat from my daughter's college but she's a single. We say all the time she needs a sibling! I love your card - it's so sweet! Hugs!

Esther Asbury said...

Such a cute card with that sweet little kitty on it. Great way to use up scraps!
I'm actually more of a dog person, but your kittens are pretty cute!

Conniecrafter said...

So adorable, I love how you colored that cat in the card! Love the font on the sentiment too!