Wednesday, July 10, 2019

Summertime Fruit Thank you card

Hello!  Yesterday, I had a lot of fun playing with this cute fruit stamp set.  We have been eating wonderful cherries and watermelons, so it seems like the perfect time of year for this card.  


I colored the Fun Fruits, set of 4, with alcohol markers.  I did want to mention how I choose colors.  I colored just the fruits first and kept the markers that I was using out on my desk.  

Then, when I went to color the rest of the frames, I tried to pick only markers I already had out.  This is the easiest way, for me, to keep my cards harmonious and not too busy.  I think I only used 8 markers total.

The sentiment is from Florals Sheet. (As always, you can save 10% on these stamps using my code SAVE10HEIDI)

I’d love to enter the 30 Day Coloring Challenge,  Pixie’s Crafty Workshop’s Snippets Challenge (the yellow card was from my scrap box) and Word Art Wednesday’s Anything Goes challenge.

Have a great day!

14 comments:

Lin said...

Heidi, you're channeling Mary Engelbreit - LOVE this! Such bright colors, and I love the varied frames!

cuilliesocks said...

Just so lovely Heidi, they are great images with beautiful bold colours, Kate x

Cat Craig said...

Heidi, such a darling card and I agree with Lin it is very ME.

crafty-stamper said...

Love the stamps and beautifully coloured
Carol x

Carol L said...

Love each of the squares with great vivid colors! perfect for summer!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful square fruit designs and the coloring of them is fabulous.

Darnell said...

What a beautifully colored and composed design, Heidi! I love the quilt-like fruit squares and the great textured e/f, sweet circle sediment, and twine bow!! Hugs, Darnell

aussie aNNie said...

wow awesome summer feeling and amazing stamp and colouring.x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Thud. Just fell off my chair. What a beaut6iful card!!! I love the layout and how you used only 8 markers. It is so cohesive.

Theresa's Studio said...

Love those neat squares and your coloring choices. Beautiful design! Thanks for all your recent comments. Always enjoy hearing from you.

April said...

I love this bright and cheery card! Great job!

Shaz in Oz.CalligraphyCards said...

Yes, Heidi, clever idea that! Using just colours already out not adding more, looks very harmonious, great creative card.
Thanks for sharing, Shaz in Oz.x

{Wonderful Words of Life - Shaz in Oz}
{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

Di said...

Just fabulous Heidi - I love that you stuck to the same colour palette as well. Good planning and thinking there.

Hugs

Di xx

JD/ Jill said...

Pretty card!