Saturday, July 6, 2019

Tropical Card

Hello everyone!  This is my first post since I got back from vacation.  I have gone through the blog list and returned comments, but I was itching to actually get back in the craft room, so that is what I did!



I had these flowers already stamped and die cut out.  I did that one time at my craft group. I used Distress Oxide inks, but did not keep a record of what colors.  I paired this with a purple scrap from my scrap box, embossed with a new embossing folder, and then sanded down.  I celebrated my birthday fairly recently, so I added a sentiment that I could use for thank you cards.  

Supplies: Hero Arts Color Layering Hibiscus, Distress Oxide Inks, Versafine Black ink, Close to My Heart Wordfetti sentiment set, Gina Marie X stitched Circle dies, Darice Embossing folder.

I would love to enter some challenges!
Double D Challenge - Tropical
Inspirational Challenge - 3 or 5 of something (3 flowers)
Tuesday Throwdown - Anything Goes
WordArtWednesday - Anything Goes


Thank you for your kind comments!  It means so much to me that you take time to visit and encourage me!

15 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Heidi, what a fabulous and colorful card. Love the texture of the sanded ef. Fantastic design, so tropical.

crafty-stamper said...

Fabulous tropical card love the flowers and the sanded embossing
carol x

Mac Mable said...

The dry embossing and sanding looks great as the background for those pretty flowers. Wonderful colour combination and hope you had a lovey birthday? x.

Karen Letchworth said...

Such a pretty card, Heidi. I really love that amazing pressure embossed background with the white showing through. Great stamping as well. Thanks so much for sharing your wonderful art with us at Word Art Wednesday and also for your visits to my personal blog. Both mean so very much to me. Hope you're having a blessed week.
Karen L
Word Art Wednesday
www.karen-mycuprunnethover.blogspot.com

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Happy Birthday to you!! THIS IS A VERY CUTE CARD. Love how you embossed and sanded.

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful tropical card design. I love the colors of the hibiscus the way you did them.

Barbara said...


great job Heidi! I love the part where you had the flowers made already and this card came together so quickly. Thanks for joining the Double D, "Tropical" Challenge.
Barbara DTmember

Carol L said...

This is so pretty with that great embossed and sanded background and pretty flowers! Happy belated birthday, I hope it was a fun one for you :)

Vicki said...

Fabulous card, Heidi! The embossed and distressed background looks amazing. Love those hibiscus!! Thanks for joining the Double D, "Tropical Challenge".

Darlene said...

Beautiful card Heidi! Your hibiscus are gorgeous! Thanks so much for joining in the fun at our Double D ‘Tropical’ challenge! Good Luck and we hope you’ll come back often.

Darlene
DOUBLE D Challenge Blog
DAR’S CRAFTY CREATIONS Please stop in for a visit!

cuilliesocks said...

Gorgeous colours and design Heidi, Kate x x

Shauna said...

Love this color combo! Your background looks so nice and your flowers are lovely! Thanks for sharing with us at Inkspirational!
- Shauna

aussie aNNie said...

BEAUTIFUL work here with all the gorgeousness of a tropical nature….and many thanks for joining in our 'TROPICAL' challenge. Thanks for your entry and good luck in the draw @ DOUBLE D
{aNNie}Designer for Double D challenges

Marina said...

I love the sanded embossed background - looks great with the colourful tropical flowers.

Aimeslee Winans said...

Happy Belated Birthday! I LOVE that background and your flowers are beautifully stamped! xox