Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Summer Floral Thank You

Hello!  I hope those of you in this heat wave can stay cool.  I tried to take a walk this morning before it was too hot, but honestly, I think there was no chance of it not being too hot!  I am cooled off now after lots of water.  Might as well spend the afternoon inside with my stamp supplies!

 I am sharing a pretty Thank You card made with some flowers from this great set called Florals Sheet.  I realize I should know what this flower is, but I can’t think of it.  Does anyone know?


I used the flowers as a two step stamp. I stamped the solid portion in pinks, and then used an old fashioned stamp positioner to get perfect placement of the outlines.  I added a couple accents using a marker and a white gel pen.  I trimmed these out and placed them over my die cut.  


I am entering this in the current Tuesday Morning Sketches Challenge.



I hope you have some time for stamping this summer!  

Heidi



13 comments:

Cat Craig said...

Your butterflies and blooms are lovely Heidi. Stay cool.

Mac Mable said...

Great stamping with your positioning tool on your very pretty card x The layout and design looks fabulous x

Carol L said...

This has all the earmarks of a wonderful summery thank-you! Love the colors and take on the sketch too!

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful and I love the mix of papers you used for it.

Darnell said...

This is so summery and pretty, Heidi! Love that gorgeous butterfly paper with the matching flags and beautiful blooms! Enjoy your crafty time housebound and do NOT venture out in the dangerous heat wave!! Hugs, Darnell

aussie aNNie said...

So pretty, love the stamps and they look familiar, need to check my folders. Fabulous background butterflies, and loving your style.x

Beth Norman-Roberts said...

Wow this card rocks my world! Awesome coloring and great sketch.

JD/ Jill said...

Lovely card and great joh using that sketch! I'm also spending more time in my craft room to stay out of that excessive heat! I just hope our air conditioner can keep working...

crafty-stamper said...

Beautiful card and papers-love the flowers and great layout
Carol x

Aimeslee Winans said...

Just so pretty, Heidi! Love this card. I am no help with the flower's name, sorry. The heat feels like a baking sauna here where I live, too, on the upper Texas coast. My Honey and I both were talking today about how lethargic we are and we just don't feel like doing anything. Can't wait til it cools off! XOX

Debbie said...

Ooh! So pretty! I love every element... papers, flowers, dots, everything!
Thanks for playing along with us at Tuesday Morning Sketches!
Debbie ~ TMS DT
Debbie's Dash of This and That

Melissa Craig said...

Wow! This is lovely! I like that die cut for your white panel. Thank you for joining us at Tuesday Morning Sketches.

Marina said...

You've used the sketch beautifully - what a pretty card.